P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Towed in my buddy's broke Teryx:

20201010 170758

Happy to have the Moose hitch.

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Futz, flares don't look too bad. Are the rears growing on ya? I'm concerned I'll drag 'em on trees....

Yeah, the fronts look ok. Not loving the tucked-in look of the tires on the rear though. Haven't scraped a tree yet. The pic above is on the tightest trail we run. Got through the tightest point ok, no damage, no scrape. Did scrape a front flare at one point, no damage.

I'm considering 1/2" or 1" spacers, but I'm just not sure I wanna push it out to about 55" wheel width (even though the body work is at 56"!). The rear look bugs me. I'm vain I guess. :confused:

IMG 0509
20201011 164727

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Well I got the sss Offroad skid plates on... it’s a 2 beer project

Mine have arrived; still in box. Damn, 50 lbs?? Heavier than I expected, though I didn't give it much thought. Good for a lower COG though I suppose!
Hoping to install tomorrow, then a quick clean up for some new pics before hauling it to deer camp.

Reactions: J80
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Mine have arrived; still in box. Damn, 50 lbs?? Heavier than I expected, though I didn't give it much thought. Good for a lower COG though I suppose!
Hoping to install tomorrow, then a quick clean up for some new pics before hauling it to deer camp.
Yes it’s heavy two people would make the job easy I did mine by myself and I cussed a little or maybe it was a lot 😂

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Yeah, the fronts look ok. Not loving the tucked-in look of the tires on the rear though. Haven't scraped a tree yet. The pic above is on the tightest trail we run. Got through the tightest point ok, no damage, no scrape. Did scrape a front flare at one point, no damage.

I'm considering 1/2" or 1" spacers, but I'm just not sure I wanna push it out to about 55" wheel width (even though the body work is at 56"!). The rear look bugs me. I'm vain I guess. :confused:

View attachment 229944View attachment 229945
I just ordered the fronts for that reason. I’m gonna custom make something like @JCart did for the rear.

Reactions: Mudder
advertisement
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
This picture is over on a Kawasaki forum,and it says the guy in the Kawi is using a "push strap" to get a broke Honda home.LoL

Kawasaki owners might actually believe that! jk.

He understandably wasn't happy about being broke down, but I warned him that anytime one brand tows in another that it naturally has to be posted on the forum! ;) . Ironically, I had just before that ride brought along a newly purchased recovery kit. Still need a couple more items actually.

I figure we're all likely to need a tow, sooner or later. Learned that while being a boat owner for decades; been on both ends of a tow line.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!