P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I took my winch apart to clean it.
Guy on YouTube made it look easy…

Supposed to leave for Royal Blue in 5 days but there has been lots of stuff needed done.
As soon as I have the winch off and disassembled moms clothes dryer dies, the daughters car has a mystery warning light come on, the mower absolutely will not start.
Plan A - throw all the gears and springs and clips in the garage and bolt the case back on.
As long as I don’t get stuck nobody will know.
Plan B - stuff all the gears back inside and see what happens.

The case had a lot of mud in it. Some of the plates had rust but the gears did not.
I assume the gears are powered metal, they should be a little more rust resistant than the stamped plates.

IMG 2802

Front end looks sad like this.
I did clean up some rust on the bottom of the bumper while it was off.
IMG 2803

Ready to ride, now to do some work on the trailer…
IMG 2804

I did cut the winch bracket above the spool.
The bracket made it really tough to switch from the rope to the plow strap.
I just could not get my fingers in there.
I get the impression some honda engineer from Kalifornia needed a little more experience plowing to figure this out.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Went out for a ride yesterday with another P5 friend. I am blessed to call this beautiful area home and be able to enjoy the peace it brings on a moments notice.

ALSO : If anyone knows what these pink flowers are that would be very helpful!

IMG 0664
IMG 0655
IMG 0681
IMG 0676
IMG 0679

Last edited:
silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Went out for a ride yesterday with another P5 friend. I am blessed to call this beautiful area home and be able to enjoy the peace it brings on a moments notice.

ALSO : If anyone knows what these pink flowers are that would be very helpful!

View attachment 386119View attachment 386116View attachment 386122View attachment 386120View attachment 386121
I am guessing KY is Kentucky in your username, so you're riding in Appalachia. Those flowers most likely are Rhododendron. Beautiful pics.

Mbradley42

Mbradley42

Aug 22, 2020
Waynesville NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Over the week-end the P5 finished up yard clean-up duties with hauling off the last few piles of brush and debris from the ice storm we had back in Feb. Weather was finally agreeable here in Michigan for the last 2 weekends to get something accomplished. Since I had all the tools out for tree cutting/trimming- I took the P5 around the trial at the outer edge of the hayfield and cut back the over-growth from the last couple of years.

I did the trail maintenance because the P5 is about to start getting used for something new: Rehab therapy. My wife had a stroke back in September, survived it and has been recovering very well since. She started at a new occupational therapy place 2 weeks ago that actually does driver training to try and get her back behind the wheel. The therapist suggested that she drive a golf cart or something similar, off the road, to get back to practice with coordination of a steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal. Now, I just hope she keeps it out of the trees so I don't have collision damage to deal with on the P5!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Over the week-end the P5 finished up yard clean-up duties with hauling off the last few piles of brush and debris from the ice storm we had back in Feb. Weather was finally agreeable here in Michigan for the last 2 weekends to get something accomplished. Since I had all the tools out for tree cutting/trimming- I took the P5 around the trial at the outer edge of the hayfield and cut back the over-growth from the last couple of years.

I did the trail maintenance because the P5 is about to start getting used for something new: Rehab therapy. My wife had a stroke back in September, survived it and has been recovering very well since. She started at a new occupational therapy place 2 weeks ago that actually does driver training to try and get her back behind the wheel. The therapist suggested that she drive a golf cart or something similar, off the road, to get back to practice with coordination of a steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal. Now, I just hope she keeps it out of the trees so I don't have collision damage to deal with on the P5!
🙏🏻it all goes well for the Mrs

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

Sounds like a good and smart plan. 🙏 for recovery.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Sorry to hear about the wife MTB. 🙏

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI

Hopefully your P500 is good therapy for your wife’s recovery 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the well wishes folks. But I really did not want to post that and get a bunch of responses, since the stroke happened back in September and she has been recovering beyond expected in a short amount of time. She is fully functional, just she is missing those few little last pieces to get back to pre-stroke "normal" life. Getting therapy for driving training is where we are at now. Need to work on reaction timing and quick thinking/multi-tasking.

My next step is to see if I can locate a source for the signs they use on the trails for turns and stops to go post those around the hay field trail for her, then move them periodically.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!