P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Changed the oil and filter, Honda 10/30 full synthetic. Cleaned up the seats, shield and all the plastics under it. Changed out the gear oil in both diff's, 75-140 full synthetic. Washed both K&N's, pre-charger, air box and panty hose on snorkel tips. Took off the plow, dropped skids and cleaned everything up on and above them, lots of mud, leaves, sticks... Still have to switch out the full windshield for the half shield, switch out plow strap and roller fairlead for the rope and hawse. Then I can actually get to the glory of scrubbing and shining up the machine. 🤦‍♂️
Oh, bought this yrs trail stickers too.

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
I installed the Walker Evan's Coilover shocks. I still need to properly mount the rear remote reservoirs and give the suspension a good test and shakedown.

After such a long wait, I'm glad I finally have them installed.

Mike

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I installed the Walker Evan's Coilover shocks. I still need to properly mount the rear remote reservoirs and give the suspension a good test and shakedown.

Mike
POIDH

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI

Mike
You are gonna love those things!!!

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520

😅

IMG 7707

IMG 7710

Mike

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
There's some clamps out there that are perfect for them. Choog found them first and hooked us up with the link but I've posted it since. I could do some searching for them if needed? Here's how I did mine...

Reservoir ClampsReservoirs 1Reservoirs

First pic shows the clamp the way I set it up at first. Didn't like them facing the wheel well so I moved them inside the frame.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So going over the machine for its annual Spring cleaning. Looks like everything has held up pretty well. Kept looking at the stance between the front and the rear and it looked as if the front was wider, to the point that I had to check it. Now on any given day who knows what it'll measure out at, I swear when I checked last time I was at 55". Checked the psi's in all four last week, had one a little low. Anyway, measuring at the bottom of the bulge (nomo) it measured out at 56" front and 56 1/4" rear. Guess it was optical illusion. 🤷‍♂️ Think I'm going move the 1" spacers to the front and put the 1 1/2's on the back for the TO this yr. Any spread in the stance is helpful on those trails and there are no restrictions sooo...
P.S. The nerfs are showing some signs of scrubbing and rash but no big dents or bends or anything. Which is surprising, gold being a softer metal and all. 😏

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I was about to say that its been over a month since a nerf story or comment, and there it is! Good to hear they are holding up to all the awesome-ness they are capable of Trigger!

All I've been doing with mine is driving back and forth to the horse barn as well as still trailering brush out of the yard and pastures from the ice storm we had here back on Feb. 15th. Wrench showed up on the display about 2 weeks ago. Due for the 2nd service interval that I need to find the time to take care of.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Took it out this morning for spring bear and turkey openers. Driving up the road on BLM, and hit sone snow. No problem I thought.

Got into 8 inches of wet snow and buried the body pan on snow. All 4 wheels just spun. I had to dig out all the snow underneath to free her up in reverse.

No pictures of getting stuck. Here’s the view afterwards 5 miles from my house. Big Sky.

3da6c61ff2acde00b94992cb4439c548

5663a4a8a7471f7f7e5b7d9ec918a2f5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
I haven't driven the P520 much since the WE shocks have been installed but, had a bit of time between breaks in the weather yesterday to run around on mine and my neighbors property.

My initial impression....
They're good. They're very very good!

Man, they absorb the terrain, at speed, extremely well. We were traveling at 35MPH plus over bumpy uneven terrain an the WE shocks handled amazing well (I can see why there could be a chance of rollover....these things beg for speed). My passenger (a good friend of mine, familiar with the P520) kept on asking for more and more speed. It was fun. I'm very happy with these shocks.

Mike

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
^^^^
It's crazy how much faster the P520 can go over rough terrain with the WE's installed. I never thought I'd be able to go near top speed in those conditions. Mind bending by comparison to stock, lol.

I'll be careful indeed!

Mike

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
^^^^
It's crazy how much faster the P520 can go over rough terrain with the WE's installed. I never thought I'd be able to go near top speed in those conditions. Mind bending by comparison to stock, lol.

I'll be careful indeed!

Mike
The 500 suspension will always suck bc of the lack of travel and ground clearance but the WE's make a world of difference over stock. I'll never forget the first time we were riding heavy chop, like a forever long corduroy road. We were doing 35 plus when I looked over at her, nothing needed to be said and we were both smiling. Pricey but money well spent. 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!