P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Need to change diff fluids, do I drill holes in the SSS skid plate?
What did you end up doing? Have large syringes (different sizes on amazon) and clear tubing to remove fluids by fill holes. You can always drain, fill, drive and repeat if concerned about residuals. Removing the side plate is a PITA.
IMG 5396

Last edited:
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
What did you end up doing? Have large syringes (different sizes on amazon) and clear tubing to remove fluids by fill holes. You can always drain, fill, drive and repeat if concerned about residuals. Removing the side plate is a PITA.
View attachment 416497
I drilled holes, several of them.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
View attachment 416497

Did not remove the skid plate. The rear of it has an access hole for the rear diff drain. I drilled a hole for the front diff to drain.
In hindsight, I could have tilted the buggy in such a way (forward, sideways) for the fluid to drain onto the skid, sideways into a container, at the bend/crevice of the skid where it wraps to cover the front Honda bumper.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Did not remove the skid plate. The rear of it has an access hole for the rear diff drain. I drilled a hole for the front diff to drain.
In hindsight, I could have tilted the buggy in such a way (forward, sideways) for the fluid to drain onto the skid, sideways into a container, at the bend/crevice of the skid where it wraps to cover the front Honda bumper.
Sounds good, I used the syringe suction to remove an overfill level on my tractor once. Worked great. Just sharing for this thread info. Ride on! 🤣

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
View attachment 416497
That’s the same size syringe I use for my heroine addiction!

Mike

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Hooked up my plow, figured I’d push the 4” of snow off the driveway. Pushed the dash toggle on the Warn VRX and nothing. Brought it in the shop, started with battery connections (ok), power to solenoid (ok) then reached behind the maze of wires from a heater, led lights snd the horn pushing in the connectors. Works fine. I hate to close it up and have it happen again. Any suggestions to do anything more?

That’s enough for 1 day, time to put a couple blue cheese and bacon mule deer sausages in the oven. It makes mule deer taste ok!

5baf363b59a35a2e1a11c8506a5f19c9

71be4a3544782b4d24cc898b5b463563

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So this happened today. I was inspired by Jak's door I had seen somewhere on here. Picked up a belt from a dead treadmill to use for mud flaps. After a beer or two I started messing around and 12 holes later and some plastic push pins this is the result. Cost 10 Canuck pesos and time 1.5 beers.

PXL 20240210 005450993 PXL 20240210 005407975

G

GreatNorth

May 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Hooked up my plow, figured I’d push the 4” of snow off the driveway. Pushed the dash toggle on the Warn VRX and nothing. Brought it in the shop, started with battery connections (ok), power to solenoid (ok) then reached behind the maze of wires from a heater, led lights snd the horn pushing in the connectors. Works fine. I hate to close it up and have it happen again. Any suggestions to do anything more?

That’s enough for 1 day, time to put a couple blue cheese and bacon mule deer sausages in the oven. It makes mule deer taste ok!

View attachment 417623

View attachment 417624

I've had issues with solenoids freezing in cold weather. They'd fail to switch until tapped while holding the switch. The Polaris solenoid on our old 6x6 was bad from new--so bad I carried a short shovel that I could reach under the fender and hit the solenoid with as needed. The Warn replacement didn't exhibit this issue for a few years, but eventually starting doing it now and then. I'm guessing the issue relates to sealing and moisture getting inside the solenoid. Other than that, dielectric grease--or Vaseline--in connectors to keep water and corrosion at bay can help keep electrical stuff working well.

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
WD40 is your friend here for solenoid issues. I started spraying the bike down religiously. "Water displacement formula number 40". It's in the name. And it keeps rust away at the same time.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Try it or measure the distance. The problem is sone dickhead ranger with a ‘gauge’ built from 3, 1x4s can measure the distance and cite you.

Your call.

It is more stable- I’m convinced with 1” front and 1.5” rear spacers.

Have you had this happen? I’m pushing 53-54” and never had any issues with 50” trails or FWP pulling out a measuring gauge. I feel like they can tell just by looking what is a 50” machine and what isn’t. Gotta be having a bad day to pull the measuring tape out and bust your balls. Edit NOMO

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Have you had this happen? I’m pushing 53-54” and never had any issues with 50” trails or FWP pulling out a measuring gauge. I feel like they can tell just by looking what is a 50” machine and what isn’t. Gotta be having a bad day to pull the measuring tape out and bust your balls. Edit NOMO
My thought exactly. You can tell they're a tiny machine but if a Ranger wanted to be a trail Nazi I suppose he could. I'd have a hard time biting my tongue if they went to that extreme.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!