P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Words of wisdom: Please carry a fire extinguisher at all times!

Without going into too much detail, Saturday I was pulling my rough cut mower and cutting down a field when I noticed smoke. Brown grass had collected between the skid plate and the engine and ignited. I had two water bottles with me and before I could do anything, the grass underneath was on fire. I had stopped the engine and left it in gear so when I tried to push it out of the way, it would not move. Tried to turn it on and put in neutral, but the wires were toast by then. My house was a good half mile away. My wife was with me so we grabbed the phones out of the glovebox, grabbed my tool bag and ran while calling 911. It took less than a minute for the plastic and tires to be on fire.

I did manage to disconnect and move the mower away before we ran. It suffered minor damage.

On another note, my new 700-4 Deluxe will be delivered tomorrow.

If anyone is near Clarksville, TN, I have two Strongmade bumpers and a box which can probably be salvaged. Sell real cheap! Rollcage and wheels might be salvageable.. no idea about the engine or transmission.
View attachment 42423 View attachment 42424
I might like some bumpers?

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

Without going into too much detail, Saturday I was pulling my rough cut mower and cutting down a field when I noticed smoke. Brown grass had collected between the skid plate and the engine and ignited. I had two water bottles with me and before I could do anything, the grass underneath was on fire. I had stopped the engine and left it in gear so when I tried to push it out of the way, it would not move. Tried to turn it on and put in neutral, but the wires were toast by then. My house was a good half mile away. My wife was with me so we grabbed the phones out of the glovebox, grabbed my tool bag and ran while calling 911. It took less than a minute for the plastic and tires to be on fire.

I did manage to disconnect and move the mower away before we ran. It suffered minor damage.

If anyone is near Clarksville, TN, I have two Strongmade bumpers and a box which can probably be salvaged. Sell real cheap! Rollcage and wheels might be salvageable.. no idea about the engine or transmission.
About how much do you want for the bumper if its not to diformed I may get That from u.;)

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pulpal was very pricey, so I found this brand for 150$ shipped.

J100782 - RedRock 4x4 12000lb Ground Anchor (87-16 Wrangler YJ, TJ & JK)

Now, I want to make atv version and this will be another project

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500

Glad you and the wife are OK

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Man that sucks! Sorry to see that. My first thought was that you must have had a Polaris sticker on it.... seriously though, glad no one was hurt. Good luck with your new machine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Just ordered a KFI winch mount and Terra 35 winch. I hate wiring and electrical, but with the writeups on this forum I should be able to get it together.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Well that's one way to lighten a 500!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500

So sorry @swinn glad you and your wife are fine. Thanks for the heads up!

Just a thought, maybe you can make this story its own thread so all forum members might find it easier. Seems like very important info to me.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Mount and winch arrived today. Got them mounted up. Hope to wire it this weekend.

Has anyone had any issues with overheating after adding there winch here in front of the radiator? The KFI mount seems pretty popular, so I'm guessing it will be ok?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Received and mounted my Bimini top today. Took her for a drive in the rain with giant raindrops smacking me in the eyeballs. It was awesome!
IMG 0373

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Mount and winch arrived today. Got them mounted up. Hope to wire it this weekend.View attachment 42687 View attachment 42689

Has anyone had any issues with overheating after adding there winch here in front of the radiator? The KFI mount seems pretty popular, so I'm guessing it will be ok?

Looks good bowtie! I have the KFI plate on mine too, never had a problem overheating. Gives it a little more protection if anything.

advertisement