P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
A while back, Super ATV Ez steer cost me around $550 with Hondasxs1 discount. But seems like a solid unit so far.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Took the p5 along with some rubber band style sxs of some friends up to the iron range off road park in Gilbert. What a beautiful place. Not a ton of trails(only rode about 25 miles) but we rode for about 5.5 hrs playing around in the woods and mud. Tons of fun. Edit, forgot to give a shoutout to @jak9922, didnt get a pic, but the t bar made for an awesome hand hold while riding very close to tipping in a mud hole. I was very happy it was there to grab.

20170722 123917 20170722 123846 20170722 111413 20170722 104241

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
On the ez steer, 220 watts is max motor rating, and not a constant draw, no where near that when driving. Only drawing depending on how much strain it's under. No battery problems here.
Thanks Mudder,
I had assumed it was constant draw. Ill see if i can get a few readings on it in use.
Thanks again ! Time to look for even more power using accessories i guess ... :D

Reactions: Dp5hunter
chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Had just got it off my mind and then there it is again...ugh! :rolleyes: How was the install Chris? How much did you find it for?
I'm in Canada and got it at a Canadian based website for fair bit cheaper than ive seen elsewhere. It's not a site sponsor ....can i mention their name ..per rules? The price was $739 Canadian.....

Burned a couple tanks of fuel in it this weekend....all smiles . Easy Steer makes a GREAT unit !
Especially good backing up in tight spots when you turn around and have one hand on the wheel

Trigger,
Without involving the heater relocation ....Im guessing the mechanical part would take 40 minutes.... For the electrical ,I just piggybacked from my winch solenoid which was in the honda provided underhood location so that took only 5 minutes. The switching wire attaches to the stock 12V power accessory outlet with a scotchlock connector.That only takes few minutes.... Mount controller with provided bracket....plug in 4 connectors to it ....Yidy up wires
So overall .....call it an hour install, much easier than i thought it would be.
If someone had to run wires back to the battery...well that's going to take a while more

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Pulled off the sway bay, turned up the shocks one notch, and added 25" Bighorn 2.0 tires on Yamaha rims with more offset. Now 51.5" wide rear and 50.5" wide on front. Very interested to see how much this improved things.

WB

advertisement
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Pulled off the sway bay, turned up the shocks one notch, and added 25" Bighorn 2.0 tires on Yamaha rims with more offset. Now 51.5" wide rear and 50.5" wide on front. Very interested to see how much this improved things.

WB[/QUOTE
pulling the sway bar will improve the ride.I took mine off and have no desire to put it back on

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

WB
Dude I was just in west point..Ut
last weekend...
visiting my kids / grandkids

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Had just got it off my mind and then there it is again...ugh! :rolleyes: How was the install Chris? How much did you find it for?
Winter is gonna be here....soon
I'd of bet a dime...you wouldn't go
Another...winter without power steering
cha....ching

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Winter is gonna be here....soon
I'd of bet a dime...you wouldn't go
Another...winter without power steering
cha....ching

4 Corners is one area of Utah I haven't explored yet but that won't be the case for long. Maybe we should hook up when I come to your area.

WB

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
4 Corners is one area of Utah I haven't explored yet but that won't be the case for long. Maybe we should hook up when I come to your area.

WB
Do it...
I'm in Farmington ,NM
area.....but anytime dude...
Desert riding is..the bomb..
there's a national forest...with
ponderosa pines..100 of yrs old...
3 hrs south of me..called
" McGaffey National Forest"......Goggle it
BadAss riding there....
let's hook up

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!