BOX1

P700 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 700 today?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well...how do you define "modern"? The cam thing goes all the way back to the original 650 Rincon In (I believe) 2003. I dont know what circumstances lead to the cam failures, but it sure seems like they are unwilling to change or explain it.
Good question.... I was away from power sports for over a decade and the last Honda that I owned before my 700 was a 93 CR250R. Loved it! I honestly have no clue when they went downhill but I'd guess if it's not a bad materials thing it must've had something to do with a management change somewhere along the way. Let's book a flight to JAPAN and talk it over with them!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good question.... I was away from power sports for over a decade and the last Honda that I owned before my 700 was a 93 CR250R. Loved it! I honestly have no clue when they went downhill but I'd guess if it's not a bad materials thing it must've had something to do with a management change somewhere along the way. Let's book a flight to JAPAN and talk it over with them!
I don't know how much Japan has to do with anything outside of some parts. Sxs's seem like an American "thing" that Japan probably doesn't give 2 s***s about as long as the money rolls in.

Reactions: toddvdh and Farmer
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't know how much Japan has to do with anything outside of some parts. Sxs's seem like an American "thing" that Japan probably doesn't give 2 s***s about as long as the money rolls in.
Lol... yeah well until they find someone in SC who gives a s***, that money's going to slow down to a trickle.

If I ever upgrade.... Yamaha will be back in the running for sure.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mostly about autos but maybe some insight here.... In a nutshell... The auto business exploded, puked all over itself and now their probably hemorrhaging everywhere. All while cutting some of the heads from the monster they created....

Last edited:
Reactions: toddvdh
HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice day to go dig up sword ferns for my daughter/husband/grandson so we all loaded up and dogs too!

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
s***ty Honda fasteners strike yet AGAIN.

Pulled my skid plate to check the steering rack guide spring for damage (none, just a s***ty design that's wearing quickly) and the rear one to beat it out (again). I know those screws are fragile from my 1st pioneer, so I HAND tighten them. 3 of them stripped anyway today. These must be made from the cheapest s*** legal in the US.

Oh...and my front diff seal is starting to leak.

Wonder when Wolverine X2's will start appearing again? 'Cause I am getting VERY tired of working on what was supposed to be a durable, long lived machine.

My last Honda was a 2002 300 fourtrax, never misses a beat, 1 battery and 1 starter that's it and still own it for that reason.
Our 2006 Honda V6 minivan is a reliable soccer moms machine on steroids. Holy crap.....No wonder so many sandrails use that motor!

I can definetly tell the new Pioneer is not of the same quality. Truly too bad and so sad :(
That '93 CR250R was one of the best MX bikes built and fast as hell IMO!

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
That '93 CR250R was one of the best MX bikes built and fast as hell IMO!

If I remember McGrath practiced with a 93 well into 95 or so because he loved it so much. My buddies would beg me to borrow it if I couldn't make it on Sunday.

Last edited:
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I decided to add power steering. Had to change some things with my duel battery set up . It took me about 1.5 hrs. That until I realized I put the top shaft coming out of motor in upside down. Couldn't get more than 1/4 of wheel throw due to bolt hitting frame. So far I really like it, before and after

20210216 160822 20211030 154526

RedHammers700

RedHammers700

Oct 29, 2021
Minden, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
They do good. All around decent tire. I was going to change them out. But they do okay.
I have 28” SwampLites that came with mine. I like them as well, but bought some brand new 30” Cryptid pull-offs for $250 from a co-worker. All of the reviews on them have been nothing but good, so I can’t wait to swap them out.

Reactions: Backwoods
RedHammers700

RedHammers700

Oct 29, 2021
Minden, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!