P500 What do you do for a living?

P

Pineywoods

Dec 3, 2015
Hattiesburg, MS
Ownership

1. 500
I am a forester, a real estate forester be specific. I bought a P500 last year to put in our "fleet" of ATV's and bigger UTV's to manage timberland and hunting properties, and to carry clients and potential buyers out for a look. The P500 is an amazing vehicle due to its smaller size and ability to go just about anywhere an ATV will go, and carry someone with you. Bigger is not always better. Most UTV's simply can't follow a P500 in the woods. To me, it is basically a Honda Foreman with 2 seats

Another plus is the manual transmission allows me to ease through the woods and carry on a conversation, without the reving and racing engine noises of most automatic transmissions. The P500 trailers well, due to it smaller size and weight. I tow the P500 all over the place and that is a big advantage to me. I do have some issue with the lack of storage. It seems Honda could easily make a glove box, but I make do.

R

Rustell

Welcome Pineywoods.... As you read more of this forum, you will discover that we all seem to find ways to increase storage and modify the P500 to suit our needs.. I envy you being able to ride around all day in your p500 for work. I'm sure that's not all you do but what a wonderful benefit.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I am a forester, a real estate forester be specific. I bought a P500 last year to put in our "fleet" of ATV's and bigger UTV's to manage timberland and hunting properties, and to carry clients and potential buyers out for a look. The P500 is an amazing vehicle due to its smaller size and ability to go just about anywhere an ATV will go, and carry someone with you. Bigger is not always better. Most UTV's simply can't follow a P500 in the woods. To me, it is basically a Honda Foreman with 2 seats

Another plus is the manual transmission allows me to ease through the woods and carry on a conversation, without the reving and racing engine noises of most automatic transmissions. The P500 trailers well, due to it smaller size and weight. I tow the P500 all over the place and that is a big advantage to me. I do have some issue with the lack of storage. It seems Honda could easily make a glove box, but I make do.
That's great Pineywoods!!!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Where are you from Pineywoods? I'm the pseudo forester for my family's timberland in central Florida. I came real close to going into forestry full-time but I would have had to travel too far from the ranch as most of the woods around us has been developed. I agree with all of your comments about the utility value of the P500.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Y'all done IOS 10 yet? iPhone people. It's freaking cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scott I'll do it soon

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes it is! Thanks for the info I forgot to even look. Big update this was

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Dp5hunter and scott
advertisement
P

Pineywoods

Dec 3, 2015
Hattiesburg, MS
Ownership

1. 500
Where are you from Pineywoods? I'm the pseudo forester for my family's timberland in central Florida. I came real close to going into forestry full-time but I would have had to travel too far from the ranch as most of the woods around us has been developed. I agree with all of your comments about the utility value of the P500.
Gatorguy, I live in SE Mississippi...thanks for asking

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Pineywoods I'm in crystal Spring. I rode my goldwing with a guy from Madison that's a forester. He does a lot of control burning around the coast. He flys in a helicopter sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creekrat

Creekrat

Sep 13, 2016
Eastern Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, but you're a Yankee.. Nobody likes Yankees!!

See, I'm from Kentucky.. We have horse racing, basketball, bourbon, pretty women (eastern ky excluded), fried chicken, baseball bats, a freak'n ark now!, corvettes, a big ass fireworks show, awesome hunt'n (including elk), and lots of guns!!
Don't exclude Eastern Ky we have the elk and all the good riding and u might be surprised about the pretty women

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
hi all i am 50 years old and i am an electrical foreman in a locomotive repair and rebuild shop. i live in the hills of southern illinois close to an hour from St louis. i have played with race cars and 4 wheel drive vehicles most of my life. i like fabricating a lot of my own parts. why buy it when you can build it. i did 8 years in uncle sams navy as an aircraft electronics tech and i have worked on locomotives for over 20 years now.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
33yrs old, married, no kids. My wife and I are DINKS (dual income no kids)! I work as the IT Director for a medium size (500+ employees) road construction company. I bought the Pioneer because of the versatility, and want to make it a good trail rider. Mine will be used for almost 100% trail riding with a little pavement mixed in.

J

JTW

33yrs old, married, no kids. My wife and I are DINKS (dual income no kids)! I work as the IT Director for a medium size (500+ employees) road construction company. I bought the Pioneer because of the versatility, and want to make it a good trail rider. Mine will be used for almost 100% trail riding with a little pavement mixed in.
Awesome.. The days before kids. Those were some good times!!

advertisement