JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Just finished this install in Griffin, Georgia
CO2 suppression system on a two story printing press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very cool! (sorry....:)) Thank you for your service to our awesome country. Did I just feel 'climate change' ?!? :D sorry again.... sometimes I just can't help myself.....

Reactions: JTW and my99svt
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
11/27 starts a new chapter in my career. I have spent the last 12 1/2 years at a company manufacturing pipe fittings. I ran the Engineering Testing lab. I have transferred to our sister company that is in dire need of some help and organizing. They specialize in custom CNC bent tube and pipe assemblies. From 3/4" OD tube all the way up to 6" OD. Be on the look out for some custom cages, bumpers etc once I get in there and have some time to learn the equipment and start government jobs!

J

JTW

11/27 starts a new chapter in my career. I have spent the last 12 1/2 years at a company manufacturing pipe fittings. I ran the Engineering Testing lab. I have transferred to our sister company that is in dire need of some help and organizing. They specialize in custom CNC bent tube and pipe assemblies. From 3/4" OD tube all the way up to 6" OD. Be on the look out for some custom cages, bumpers etc once I get in there and have some time to learn the equipment and start government jobs!
Color me interested!!

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Closed our 4th generation auto recycling business this year . I retired 3 yrs ago and after running it 3 years my son and I decided it was time to enjoy life a bit more . Now we just do our real estate and enjoy our family . There must be a million miles of trails in Az. so we're not even half way yet . LOL

J

JTW

Closed our 4th generation auto recycling business this year . I retired 3 yrs ago and after running it 3 years my son and I decided it was time to enjoy life a bit more . Now we just do our real estate and enjoy our family . There must be a million miles of trails in Az. so we're not even half way yet . LOL
Wow... I take it you couldn’t get decent help and keep it going?

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Wow... I take it you couldn’t get decent help and keep it going?
Nope , not at all . Our business was 75% wholesale to body shops and repair shops . The insurance companys took all the fun out of it . All big repair shops are 100% under insurance companys thumbs and so were we for the last decade or so . We had just had our fill of the entire industry .

Reactions: 100Acre and JTW
J

JTW

Nope , not at all . Our business was 75% wholesale to body shops and repair shops . The insurance companys took all the fun out of it . All big repair shops are 100% under insurance companys thumbs and so were we for the last decade or so . We had just had our fill of the entire industry .
Could you not sell it?

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Very cool! Ya, if the codes keep coming back after clearing them, then most likely those components actually have an issue- but a very unusual one. I hate it when someone 'second guesses' me, but keep in mind, those codes can be set if you've had low voltage (weak batteries) instances, or the components were unplugged at some point with the ignition on. Unfortunately, if the the throttle position sensor has failed, you have to buy the whole throttle body. And...... I just realized, I have both of those parts (used) sitting on an engine in our shop, that I CAN give you a really good price on- I am a little slow sometimes.... but I eventually come round.... email the shop tomorrow or any time if you want them - [email protected] and I'll get it taken care of for you. Just put 'Honda 250 throttle body' in the subject line. Sorry I didn't think of it sooner.

Do you still have these pieces? Started the boat up this weekend and I’m having issues again.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking about growing Hemp for the CDB oil folks for a living. Make a quick killing and get out before the market gets too saturated. At $300 per lb and 500 plants with 1+lbs per plant and with minimal investment costs. Plus I've already got everything I need and am ready. Hmmmm.
IMG 3080
54672423655  5B7C969E 4755 4427 AC9B 6E92D40A677B

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Do you still have these pieces? Started the boat up this weekend and I’m having issues again.

Yup, sure do. Email the shop- [email protected], or call 301-862-3255 anytime between 8am-5pm (eastern time) and ask about the parts(s) you need. We usually sell used parts for about half price of new retail.

Reactions: my99svt
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I had the engine scanned and 2 codes came up. IAC current issue and throttle position sensor. I run this thing mostly at 6000 Rpms and love it. It's been bullet proof for 5 years!

It's been awhile since I read this post, but one other thing to check- particularly with Honda's, is to plug in a remote start box, or 'known good' key switch and harness directly to the engine and thereby completely isolate the boat wire harness from the engine. We've had several key switch harness problems with all the Honda's that will cause the codes, and problems you've mentioned- had this happen recently with a new 100hp, and on other engines of all ages and h.p. As I said before, actual I.A.C. failures, or T.P.S. failures are virtually non-existent, and I'd hate to see you spend money on parts that don't fix the problem.

Reactions: my99svt
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
It's been awhile since I read this post, but one other thing to check- particularly with Honda's, is to plug in a remote start box, or 'known good' key switch and harness directly to the engine and thereby completely isolate the boat wire harness from the engine. We've had several key switch harness problems with all the Honda's that will cause the codes, and problems you've mentioned- had this happen recently with a new 100hp, and on other engines of all ages and h.p. As I said before, actual I.A.C. failures, or T.P.S. failures are virtually non-existent.

Sounds great, thanks man!

Reactions: JWB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!