BOX1

What kind of HP can the Talon be built to that's reliable?

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Lets see how Chad from Dr. Powersports finishes this weekend in Black Rock Arkansas! I belive his Talon is going to make a statement this weekend.
We
Sick! That header looked like a work of art in that video.
Thank you very much! Just finished this one the bluing looks cool. But a pain to do with this 304 heavy wall tuning.
Would you happen to know if that DC cam is any good and if there are better alternatives to that one for an N/A race engine built with the above parts? You can PM me if you want to keep it private.
Can you send me the epec card

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Lets see how Chad from Dr. Powersports finishes this weekend in Black Rock Arkansas! I belive his Talon is going to make a statement this weekend.
We
Sick! That header looked like a work of art in that video.
Thank you very much! Just finished this one the bluing looks cool. But a pain to do with this 304 heavy wall tuning.
Would you happen to know if that DC cam is any good and if there are better alternatives to that one for an N/A race engine built with the above parts? You can PM me if you want to keep it private.
Can you send me the epec car
Sick! That header looked like a work of art in

20210610 133941 20210609 212302

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Theres a couple of people out there getting more out of the talon’s with turbos. I couldn’t wait, so I got the way over priced Jackson kit. I also swapped out the cast pistons for 9:1 forged Wiseco pistons. I’ve been in contact with PPEI about a tune for the PV3 tuner that will get more than 8 pounds of boost. He is testing a talon with the Jackson turbo and slip on muff now. Once he gets it perfected, I’m in! I have also eliminated the Jackson air filter that sucks dust. I replaced it with a Donaldson system That uses $25 filters. I think the state of California has Jackson by the balls because he won’t build a tune that uses an aftermarket pipe, and won’t put more than 8 pounds of boost to it. I understand the 8 pounds of boost with cast pistons, but for those that upgrade the pistons, give us more!
I completely agree! Not all of us live in California so let us RIP.

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Give the after market a little more time and i think the Talon will have the power parts. Half of the Talons existence has been during fakovid19. A properly suspension set up Turbo Talon will handle the dunes better than a can am will handle the trails IMO and in my experience. We did basically win the Baja 1000 without a turbo on it. But the can am is better on the sand but man is it fun pounding gears in the sand and trails on a Talon!! I have more fun banging gears than I would going a little bit faster in the whoops!
I agree we are just at the beginning of whats to come for the honda Talon its very exciting to be apart of the R&D!!!

Reactions: Hometeam and CID
GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I agree we are just at the beginning of whats to come for the honda Talon its very exciting to be apart of the R&D!!!
It is really I'm looking @ so many options for us sand guys and the real racer to service a motor without polling the motor out! Like i said its exciting and there's a lot to come can't wait!!!!

Reactions: CID and Hometeam
GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
It is really I'm looking @ so many options for us sand guys and the real racer to service a motor without polling the motor out! Like i said its exciting and there's a lot to come can't wait!!!!
Pulling sorry

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
We

Can you send me the epec car

View attachment 278479 View attachment 278480
Thanks guy's!! This header isn't going to crack the welds have 100% penatration the welds look just as nice on the inside as the outside this is achieved from purging then the heavy wall real 304 stainless steel. I was shocked when I took my magnet to the other header.

Reactions: CID
K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks guy's!! This header isn't going to crack the welds have 100% penatration the welds look just as nice on the inside as the outside this is achieved from purging then the heavy wall real 304 stainless steel. I was shocked when I took my magnet to the other header.
How much are they?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think a wide band O2 sensor bung would be a worthwhile addition for custom tuning. Possibly EGT bungs for the real serious tuners.

Reactions: GBell
GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I think a wide band O2 sensor bung would be a worthwhile addition for custom tuning. Possibly EGT bungs for the real serious

I think a wide band O2 sensor bung would be a worthwhile addition for custom tuning. Possibly EGT bungs for the real serious tuners.
I would recommend egt bungs. But some do not want to mess with the extra expense.
How much are they?
Ken I'm building them for Chad @ Dr. Powersports he has been unbelievable to deal with he is very passionate about the honda running & making the most power it can. I ask for block head cranks cam and that's what I get. No BS he has the right people in place to take the talon to a new level! Call 319-235-6453 ask for Troy

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
What happened I could not find any results for the Black Rock race?

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
Looks like the injector to head boot

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Throttle body to the head!
#1 cylinder this was the second race on them. Very disappointing especially when you knew how much better it was going to run. I will say this Chad his wife and all involved with that team does not stop!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
A package of 12-1 go fast goodies was waiting for me when I got home from work today. 😁 I guess I'll be the guinea pig and try the MCB Performance piston kit. It's going to be a while before these go in, I still have a few more parts to aquire before committing to tearing the engine down so I'll report back with an update later...

20210616 173847

I've never heard of Wossner pistons before but they are supposed to be German and not some China garbage so we shall see...
20210616 174152

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!