Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That was a lot of info... Lol.
Thanks.
I hope the Pioneer 1000 will impress everyone including Polaris owners. But I already know many will be comparing it to the rzr 1k vs the ranger.
I do hope the P1k can deliver a fun factor like the high rpm "kick" you get from belt driven machines without the lag.

W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
The way I see it ...if you want a Rzr....Buy a Rzr....I bought a Ranger because I wanted a Ranger...But more power and reliability is Better...Some folks will always buy Polaris and vise/versa..Honda consumers will always shop Honda...I don't want a Rzr....the P1000 looks like it would be a great mix...work and riding.

Reactions: catman
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The way I see it ...if you want a Rzr....Buy a Rzr....I bought a Ranger because I wanted a Ranger...But more power and reliability is Better...Some folks will always buy Polaris and vise/versa..Honda consumers will always shop Honda...I don't want a Rzr....the P1000 looks like it would be a great mix...work and riding.

Ill agree to and see your valid point, then raise you an opinion and then a rant.

If you want a SPORT machine, do the extensive research on your own, independent of what your buddies or what ANY website tells you, then buy the SPORT machine that fits your NEEDS.

Don't complain that a Trail/Utility machine is not a SPORT machine that is then not a specific SPORT machine.

That's like wanting a watermelon, buying an orange and complaining it's not an apple.

This is the thing that rubs me raw on the Honda vs polaris discussions. Everyone wants one thing buys another then complains it's neither. Mainly because they did not decide how/what they were going to want to do with it. Research the capabilities of ALL the machines available. Then make an educated purchase based on what you need it to do and what it is designed/capable of doing. If you want a Sport but need it to be a Utility trail, sorry you shouldn't buy the flashy machine you should buy the one that fits your needs. On the flip side if you only want to pay for a Utility/trail but are actually going to need a SPORT don't freaking complain about the capabilities of the machine when it is not a SPORT and was never intended to be or compete with a SPORT.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I belive the p1k will be the ultimate utility sxs out there if you have the room to use it but for me it would be a waste I couldn't use it anywhere which is why my little bull dog it the s***!!!!!

900cfi

Aug 3, 2015
I am upgrading to a sxs from a polaris atv.I hope this 1000 pioneer is reliable.I'm tired of fixing my polaris after almost every ride.I don't ride hard and I can't go for a ride without someone in fear I will be walking home.Honda looks like they just buried the Rangers.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@900cfi Welcome to the Club!! If you have any questions just let us know, you found a good group here!

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I am upgrading to a sxs from a polaris atv.I hope this 1000 pioneer is reliable.I'm tired of fixing my polaris after almost every ride.I don't ride hard and I can't go for a ride without someone in fear I will be walking home.Honda looks like they just buried the Rangers.

@900cfi Welcome to the club!

900cfi

Aug 3, 2015
Ask away we will help in any way we can
How are Honda sxs for axle,all suspension part reliability.I am forever replacing parts.How is Honda to deal with when you need warranty work done?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How are Honda sxs for axle,all suspension part reliability.I am forever replacing parts.How is Honda to deal with when you need warranty work done?

Truth is I don't think many people break Honda's not anything like with other manufacturer you are comparing them to.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Axels are perfect but the suspention leaves alot to be desired they work perfectly for the all around work horse but like 95% of hondas ull want to upgrade to suit your purposes well unless work horse is hour purpose and in that case no worries

900cfi

Aug 3, 2015
Axels are perfect but the suspention leaves alot to be desired they work perfectly for the all around work horse but like 95% of hondas ull want to upgrade to suit your purposes well unless work horse is hour purpose and in that case no worries
I think this p1000 5 seater will be perfect.I am more of a guy who likes to hunt,fish and cruise with the family and not have to fix after every trip.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think this p1000 5 seater will be perfect.I am more of a guy who likes to hunt,fish and cruise with the family and not have to fix after every trip.

I would say this machine will fit the bill nicely, just gas n go until the tires wear out on that type of riding.

900cfi

Aug 3, 2015
I would say this machine will fit the bill nicely, just gas n go until the tires wear out on that type of riding.
That's what I am hoping for gas and go.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!