What Polaris owners think of the new 1000

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was wondering what Polaris owners were thinking so I went to this forum.
Some good reading here!

Honda just changed the game, how will Polaris respond? - Page 24
i have a 2014 polaris ranger xp900 titanium limited edition. i have waited for so long to get a honda but could not do the 700-4 pioneer because of all the limits. i love my polaris great machine. but i am trading it in for the new 1000-5 delux. i know i will take a bath at trade but well worth it. tired of the cvt style with zero engine braking. excited to get back to honda again . i miss my rincon.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I suppose you are right everything was fine until this past weekend it was nice riding weather and all of their machines were in the shop trying to get warranty service approved. That would be enough to make anyone rage on the interwebs. Dehydrated A-holes add beer & keyboard to activate. :p
You make me smile. If I knew how to "like" I would give you two. :)

Reactions: JACKAL
B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
How are Honda sxs for axle,all suspension part reliability.I am forever replacing parts.How is Honda to deal with when you need warranty work done?
I have a first year Honda muv 700. Use is work and trail. Both severe. Never a break down, zero repairs. Not flashy, or fast, but I have exceeded all of Hondas towing limits. Even with the limited ground clearance it keeps on climbing . it's the model prior to the Pioneer.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ranger has active hill decent and a couple new SE models. Rzr's big news is a turbo charged 925cc that makes 144hp and all models come with fox internal bypass shocks and a 1 year warranty. Lets hope Honda will keep there prices under Polaris's ranger models and life will be good.
I wish my current 2014 ranger Xp 900 eps had hill descent. I like to ride rough trails and have to ride the brakes cause the cvt belt drive will freewheel out of control. You have to downshift in low and keep throttle engaged to get any engine brake. Can't wait to get upgraded to the new pioneer 1000-5.

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
I wish my current 2014 ranger Xp 900 eps had hill descent. I like to ride rough trails and have to ride the brakes cause the cvt belt drive will freewheel out of control. You have to downshift in low and keep throttle engaged to get any engine brake. Can't wait to get upgraded to the new pioneer 1000-5.
When my youngest got too big for all three of us to trail ride in comfort, I bought a viking three seater. Hill decent works good on it. No cvt issues at 1000 miles. It has held up as good as the Honda. I got a bad hangup though for real transmissions. Now i got grand kids so I want the P5. Guess I need a 4wd school bus with mini spool lockers.

M

meatman

Sep 24, 2015
i have a 2014 polaris ranger xp900 titanium limited edition. i have waited for so long to get a honda but could not do the 700-4 pioneer because of all the limits. i love my polaris great machine. but i am trading it in for the new 1000-5 delux. i know i will take a bath at trade but well worth it. tired of the cvt style with zero engine braking. excited to get back to honda again . i miss my rincon.
I did the same thing! As soon as the release of the 1000-5 I called the dealer and told them to look for a buy for my ranger 900 browning! Waiting for my machine to come in is driving me nuts!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!