Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's good to see those guys are behaving and not bashing brands or each other. Looks like a good bunch of guys.

Thanks for the link, it's good to know that Honda is stirring things up!

Joe

Last edited:
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
lol i starting watching that same forum the very day honda released info on the 1000. Been watching the rzr teryx ones also. A lot of people are talking about the 1000.. It's pretty crazy that forum is talking and posting like crazy about the 1000. But some of the guys on there are misinformed one said it will not have a dump bed and will be $23k. I liked the one guy that said something like you know you are a redneck when your SxS cost more than your car. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Springer
C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Guys as a former 2 time ranger owner myself xp 900 being the later, i've posted my thoughts clearly right here on hodasxs on it and they havn't changed, the p1k 1000 was aimed directly for xp 900 imo, about this time next year we will know alot more about the honda, but polaris has a giant following in there own right and for good reason!!! BUT IT'S HARD FOR ANY SXS JUNKIE NOT TO BE EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW P1-K!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JACKAL
R

RedRiderBooya

Feb 12, 2015
My two cents: Polaris has a huge following because there was no other choice. Yamaha got peepee slapped with the Rhino and went into salvage mode until the market came around. Honda Big Red and Pioneer 700 were low performance (mainly due to the engine). Kawaski has just kept with the Teryx which was a good general vehicle. Polaris is the only company that has offered high performance vehicles of many varieties. That is why they are king of the hill. Polaris' downfall is reliability. Everyone knows they break if ridden hard, but people accept it because they meet their performance needs. With Yamaha wolverine and now the P1k, you will see many Polaris customers jump ship to get the reliability they want.
My feeling is that the P1K will handle better than any other multipurpose vehicle out there. I bet it will be very close to sport type handling based on Honda (i.e., Rincon is a multipurpose with great handling.....) my 2 cents.

Reactions: JACKAL and swsebek
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Honda isn't really know for best suspension stock but you can not question their reliability now if Honda got in with fox or walker then we would be talking!!!! but cheap showa or kyb to keep price down just doesn't cut it sure for your everyday putt putt around they are fine but when you want to spend all day out on the trails they leave a lot to be desired

Reactions: scott and catman
W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
I am a current Polaris owner and I'm pretty sure I'll be jumping ship by spring of 2016....I just want to feel the ride, the power, the handling. Then then I'll throw down the cash.

Reactions: catman
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am a current Polaris owner and I'm pretty sure I'll be jumping ship by spring of 2016....I just want to feel the ride, the power, the handling. Then then I'll throw down the cash.

I think if you leave the RZR1000 out (its a true sport SXS) and the RZR 900 S( it has some of the sportier parts from the 1000) and compare the rest of the line up from polaris. The P1K is going to perform better, suspension travel is the same or better, its wider so should be more stable than a 50" machine. If you compare it to their LONG multi- passenger models you will actually be able to take the narrow winding trails as well. The trans will give you NO issues that the belt will, it now has turf mode and low range (the later of the two will be awesome for folks who want the 30+" tires and also for those who use it around their land.) The 700 handles well IMO. I will be very disappointed if I have sold my 700-4 and upgraded to the 1000-5 and the performance and handling were not drastically better.

Reactions: JACKAL
ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
My two cents: Polaris has a huge following because there was no other choice. Yamaha got peepee slapped with the Rhino and went into salvage mode until the market came around. Honda Big Red and Pioneer 700 were low performance (mainly due to the engine). Kawaski has just kept with the Teryx which was a good general vehicle. Polaris is the only company that has offered high performance vehicles of many varieties. That is why they are king of the hill. Polaris' downfall is reliability. Everyone knows they break if ridden hard, but people accept it because they meet their performance needs. With Yamaha wolverine and now the P1k, you will see many Polaris customers jump ship to get the reliability they want.
My feeling is that the P1K will handle better than any other multipurpose vehicle out there. I bet it will be very close to sport type handling based on Honda (i.e., Rincon is a multipurpose with great handling.....) my 2 cents.

I think you may be right if the Honda delivers on what looks like a promising machine. If it does not perform, it will not sell. Polaris proves that performance, innovation and machine features trump reliability as a sole positive machine attribute.

Reactions: catman
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@ksss I agree to a point. More so that todays generation is one of instant gratification and despite Polaris for all its shortcoming owning a RZR is "in vogue" and they want a fast SxS now not later. Now the more conservative companies are coming out with better products (Honda & Yamaha) the tide will shift slowly but surely. While fans of the Polaris brand like to dog on the Japanese manufactures and their "mediocre underperforming" offerings almost none of those critical are aware of ATC lawsuits Honda endured 30 yrs. ago and the Rhino lawsuits Yamaha endured over 10 yrs. ago. It has taken until now that those manufacturers calculating wade back into higher performing models. It been several years coming but it is finally moving forward just not as fast as we all would like.

Reactions: DTAGG and ksss
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well it took 35 pages but the civility ran out. They have even turned to trashing each other. Sad but not unexpected.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it took 35 pages but the civility ran out. They have even turned to trashing each other. Sad but not unexpected.

Most forums are sadly like that, with anonymity comes a lack of civility and social skills that would otherwise be adhered to in real life... and I am probably going to end the trend by saying it BUT, we seem to have a well behaved group of adults here on this forum.

Probably still going to read it for entertainment.

Reactions: JACKAL and jak9922
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just guess you are always angry when you own a Polaris I suppose I would be to if I were broke down that much

I suppose you are right everything was fine until this past weekend it was nice riding weather and all of their machines were in the shop trying to get warranty service approved. That would be enough to make anyone rage on the interwebs. Dehydrated A-holes add beer & keyboard to activate. :p

Reactions: p500fan and jak9922
W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Polaris releases their 2016 models last night as follows: Ranger...NEW hood scoop....same HP, same everything else...Rzr....same HP....same everything else...Honda better be working overtime to fill orders.

K

Kyle

Jun 11, 2015
Polaris releases their 2016 models last night as follows: Ranger...NEW hood scoop....same HP, same everything else...Rzr....same HP....same everything else...Honda better be working overtime to fill orders.

Ranger has active hill decent and a couple new SE models. Rzr's big news is a turbo charged 925cc that makes 144hp and all models come with fox internal bypass shocks and a 1 year warranty. Lets hope Honda will keep there prices under Polaris's ranger models and life will be good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Codyb
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!