BOX1

Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I pulled the trigger today with my local dealer. Put money down on a Red 1000X for $19,200 plus 10% off any accessories ordered. I ordered Nerf bars, Lower doors, and Front aluminum bumper with it. He has a Blue X and a Red R coming in in April. Then the Red X coming in May. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will have for Takeover, still be sporting the mighty P500.

Prenger?

Reactions: Vondy
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4

Yes. Paid what I feel was fair price and I know I’ll get good service. Also convenient since I drive by daily on way to work. Could have saved some thru some big dealers far away, but prefer to buy local and know I’ll get support after sale.

Where are you you from that you are familiar with them?

Last edited:

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I pulled the trigger today with my local dealer. Put money down on a Red 1000X for $19,200 plus 10% off any accessories ordered. I ordered Nerf bars, Lower doors, and Front aluminum bumper with it. He has a Blue X and a Red R coming in in April. Then the Red X coming in May. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will have for Takeover, still be sporting the mighty P500.

Great price on a model that has more demand than current supply. I’m getting the same machine with the lower doors, rear trailing arm guards, half windshield and maybe some bags. Since they have been building them for at least a month have to wonder if those dates aren’t conservative. Why would they sit on a bunch of sold inventory?

Reactions: TimG and Vondy
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are interested in the lowest price check Abernathy’s in Union TN. They are usually the lowest price with no gimmicks.
I just checked with Brookhaven Honda ...... They expect to have the first 2 in to be used as DEMOS by mid March, possibly within 2 weeks. Then have some to sell by April. At this time they think the X will sell for less than $18K and the R for about $900 more. Pricing will change with factory incentives.

Brookhaven price will be nearly impossible to beat and only a FEW dealers will match them.

#1 in USA ......
Brookhaven Honda is located in Brookhaven, MS. Shop our large online inventory.

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Great price on a model that has more demand than current supply. I’m getting the same machine with the lower doors, rear trailing arm guards, half windshield and maybe some bags. Since they have been building them for at least a month have to wonder if those dates aren’t conservative. Why would they sit on a bunch of sold inventory?

In fairness to the dealers, I believe they want them all to receive their first few around the same time. But it does seem excessive. Wonder how many they build a day and how many they will have stockpiled.

My dealer was alotted 3 to start with, 2 in April, and 1 in March. My understanding was the orders would be filled as available after the original allotment.

Reactions: TimG
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I just checked with Brookhaven Honda ...... They expect to have the first 2 in to be used as DEMOS by mid March, possibly within 2 weeks. Then have some to sell by April. At this time they think the X will sell for less than $18K and the R for about $900 more. Pricing will change with factory incentives.

Brookhaven price will be nearly impossible to beat and only a FEW dealers will match them.

#1 in USA ......
Brookhaven Honda is located in Brookhaven, MS. Shop our large online inventory.

Awesome price if your close, but it's done and still rather support local and save a 13hr drive each way. You'd think they could spell Talon right on their web page "Tallon".

Reactions: TimG and dnjones161
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. Paid what I feel was fair price and I know I’ll get good service. Also convenient since I drive by daily on way to work. Could have saved some thru some big dealers far away, but prefer to buy local and know I’ll get support after sale.

Where are you you from that you are familiar with them?

Lol I'm from Sidney, only familiar with them because you told me about them on here!

I had driven by, but never knew they sold recreational stuff. I got a price on a leftover p500 from them last week- still a grand over what everyone else is rolling them for, but like you mentioned, something to be said for buying local.

Reactions: TimG and Vondy
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Lol I'm from Sidney, only familiar with them because you told me about them on here!

I had driven by, but never knew they sold recreational stuff. I got a price on a leftover p500 from them last week- still a grand over what everyone else is rolling them for, but like you mentioned, something to be said for buying local.

$1000 more on a P500 does sound high. If you have a comparable semi-local quote, I'd take it to him and make an offer. I did notice his pioneer supply was way lower than it was a month ago. There was a pretty red P500 that caught my eye still sitting there.

I tried talking to Honda in Troy several times. They never would give me a price on a Talon other than "What are you willing to pay" or "What would it take to put you in one". I told them they were the ones selling, they needed to set a price. Never did get a straight answer so I gave up with them. Didn't like their sales approach at all.

Reactions: dnjones161
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome price if your close, but it's done and still rather support local and save a 13hr drive each way. You'd think they could spell Talon right on their web page "Tallon".
Oh I am close, bought my P1K5 there only 1.5 yrs ago, so I am not in the market. I would LOVE to have one, but even if I was 'ready', I don't like to buy anything in its 'virgin' yrs ..... lol.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$1000 more on a P500 does sound high. If you have a comparable semi-local quote, I'd take it to him and make an offer. I did notice his pioneer supply was way lower than it was a month ago. There was a pretty red P500 that caught my eye still sitting there.

I tried talking to Honda in Troy several times. They never would give me a price on a Talon other than "What are you willing to pay" or "What would it take to put you in one". I told them they were the ones selling, they needed to set a price. Never did get a straight answer so I gave up with them. Didn't like their sales approach at all.

I tried to buy my 1000 from Honda of Troy and had the exact same experience. Told them look, you are the closest I would really like to deal with you, but I can't feel like you're stroking me. Wouldn't quote me anything but MSRP plus every fee imaginable and asked me to bring them other people's numbers and they would see what they could do.

Im not into that at all. If I ask you for your best price, I expect you to give it to me. I'm not wasting someone else's time finding you a selling price. I gave them a shot anyhow and they wouldn't come within a grand of one of the Columbus area dealers so I went that route. Hate it- I know (loosely) the owner and his son (head mechanic) Blake from wrestling in high school. I still order parts from them, really wish I could buy a machine down there.

To their credit Blake has been super helpful with warranty questions, and we have bought parts from Steve Gordon forever. Hell, Dave (the owner) is a super nice guy too, but I agree the sales tactics they are running with are not my taste. Been there a few years tho, someone must be into it!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried to buy my 1000 from Honda of Troy and had the exact same experience. Told them look, you are the closest I would really like to deal with you, but I can't feel like you're stroking me. Wouldn't quote me anything but MSRP plus every fee imaginable and asked me to bring them other people's numbers and they would see what they could do.

Im not into that at all. If I ask you for your best price, I expect you to give it to me. I'm not wasting someone else's time finding you a selling price. I gave them a shot anyhow and they wouldn't come within a grand of one of the Columbus area dealers so I went that route. Hate it- I know (loosely) the owner and his son (head mechanic) Blake from wrestling in high school. I still order parts from them, really wish I could buy a machine down there.

To their credit Blake has been super helpful with warranty questions, and we have bought parts from Steve Gordon forever. Hell, Dave (the owner) is a super nice guy too, but I agree the sales tactics they are running with are not my taste. Been there a few years tho, someone must be into it!
When any dealer does that stupid crap of trying to 'turn it around on me', to give them a price I am willing to pay ...... I will play that game. Give them a price you know is waaaay less than is possible. Well you asked, I told you ....... NOW, what is your price.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When any dealer does that stupid crap of trying to 'turn it around on me', to give them a price I am willing to pay ...... I will play that game. Give them a price you know is waaaay less than is possible. Well you asked, I told you ....... NOW, what is your price.

Lol yea I hear ya. Some guys are volume, some guys would rather just sell a few and make a little more on each unit. Of course as the consumer I prefer the former, but I understand both approaches.

Agree with you tho, what I don't like is the unwillingness to give me a price- I shouldn't have to shop around to hear your price. If it's not the best it's not the best, but at least give me a number. I told multiple dealers when they told me "if someone beats that let us know and we'll see what we can do" that was NOT how I was shopping. Everybody has to make a profit, but I'm not shopping for the sport of it- I want to ride for the sport of it!

Some people like that back and forth though. All about reading your buyer. Maybe we are hard reads!

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Some of the Dealers approach might be relative to how competitive the market. I’ve noticed in larger markets there are almost always better discounts but then there are also higher sales volumes. Some manufacturers offer kickbacks based on sales volumes or sales targets.
That said a dealer should sit down with the customer and offer his best price. When they say “come back if someone has a better price” they are the same as saying that they can do better. Some dealers are concerned that if they offer a price then the customer will use it to get a better price at another dealer. They should offer a local customer a Fair Price and not worry about cross shoppers, IMO. I know that I can always get a lower price if I shop enough dealers but will pay a little more to a Dealer with good Parts & Service support that is local.

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I got my first quote yesterday for a 1000X out he door for $22,812.91
Dealer said may come down in the future, but that is the price right now.
I am the first person on his list for the 1000X, but there are three waiting for the 1000R.
I plan on shopping around a little before making the big leap.

With 17,000 miles on my current SXS, I am ready to upgrade and want to get away from belt drive.

HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
So here we have a 2018 P1K5LE with MSRP of $21,899 and a selling price of $17,694, they do not add fees, just have to pay title and taxes if TN resident. This reflects a 19% discount off MSRP 17,694/21,899= 80.8% of the MSRP or 19% off.

Given that the MSRP of the Talon 1000X is $19,999 that discount translates into $16,200.00
Given that the MSRP of the Talon 1000R is $20,999 that discount translates into $17,010.00

Those prices would be after all the fandimonium wears off, as with any marketable product prices are higher when demand outstrips supply. I expect supply to be limited from factory and vendors getting things to final assembly and out the door. Still I think it's reasonable to be able to buy a 1000X for around $16,500 and a 1000R for around $17,500 plus tax and no other fees, once everyone that walks through the door is willing to throw down $21K through financing stops.

As always, good info...

Just wanted to add a quick note though for others that may not be on top of it all. Don't forget that when figuring percentages of a discount on one model versus another that you have to take into account Honda's dealer debates, incentives etc that may be on model A but not model B. 99.99% of the time, without those incentives, it's impossible to discount one 15%+ without losing money.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my first quote yesterday for a 1000X out he door for $22,812.91
Dealer said may come down in the future, but that is the price right now.
I am the first person on his list for the 1000X, but there are three waiting for the 1000R.
I plan on shopping around a little before making the big leap.

With 17,000 miles on my current SXS, I am ready to upgrade and want to get away from belt drive.
1000X out he door for $22,812.91 ............. I would be OUT THE DOOR!

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
that's my thoughts also. I have a internet sales quote coming tomorrow, hopefully it will be better. I also have a $500 deposit (refundable) on the first 1000X with the internet dealer. He is about the same distance away as the first.
trying to cover all the base's and get the best deal.
Sales tax runs about 10% here which hurts...

Reactions: Vondy
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!