What should I do with my old P-1005 LE "A-Arms"?

T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The front left one is bent from hitting a stump, but the rest are just fine. I replaced them with Superatv "A-Arms," but don't really know if the old ones are worth keeping or even trying to sell.

What about the skid protection on the original arms? Is that adaptable to the new arms?

Thanks

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The front left one is bent from hitting a stump, but the rest are just fine. I replaced them with Superatv "A-Arms," but don't really know if the old ones are worth keeping or even trying to sell.

What about the skid protection on the original arms? Is that adaptable to the new arms?

Thanks
Most people just save them for someone that ruins one. They really aren’t worth much.

T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Most people just save them for someone that ruins one. They really aren’t worth much.
That's kind of what I thought. Maybe there's someone else out there that has an extra P-1005 LE that damaged the right side and has a good left side and we can pair up to donate to someone.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bent 7 stock a-arms before swapping to SuperATV arms. I now have 2000 miles on the SuperATV stuff without any issue. There definitely is a market for used arms. Even if it's just guys running cheap and available parts

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bent 7 stock a-arms before swapping to SuperATV arms. I now have 2000 miles on the SuperATV stuff without any issue. There definitely is a market for used arms. Even if it's just guys running cheap and available parts
Yeah there’s a market but most guys will upgrade before buying stock.

T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Do you run the steering stops after installing the SuperATV arms? I hate the loss of turning radius. Some people do without problems, but there's all kinds of warnings about adding power when you are at full turn lock.

Any problems there?

Last edited:
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you run the steering stops after installing the SuperATV arms? I hate the loss of turning radius. Some people do without problems, but there's all kinds of warnings about adding power when you are at full turn lock.

Any problems there?
I did. Then I ground them to half, now I removed them. At full cramp my tires rub on the springs, back side of the arms and tie rods. I've also chaffed both my front brake lines. I run stock axles and haven't had any issues with them. I rarely use 4x4 and I keep the wheels pretty straight if I do. That's not to say I won't just giver hell to say I didn't get stuck.

My tires are full size 30x10s on 5+2 0 offset wheels.

PXL 20220316 154307416

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Any problems there?
Like Todd I used them at first and then ground in half but wound up pulling because of the turning radius. Had problems with stock axles but had a few before SATV a-arms. Switched out a few different axles and settled in on Rhino 2.0 and haven’t taken out as many.
From what I see if you don’t run lift and forward a-arms you tend to have no more trouble then stock without the limit spacer.

Reactions: pct and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!