P1000 What Toy Hauler are you putting 1000 in

quickfish

quickfish

Sep 14, 2016
Kent, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm looking at a new toy hauler in that 27-32 foot range with a forward walk around real bed. Currently I'm leaning towards a Jayco Octane super lite 273
JAYCO OCTANE SUPER LITE 273
As I think the front of my 1000-3 will nose up and clear. Jayco has the height covered as well. I can get one of these trailers new for about $28000.

But could use some imput??? The wife wants style and comfort etc.

So like they say Happy Wife Happy Life!

advertisement
S

sargenthp

May 17, 2017
US
2006 Rage'n Falcon 30' 5th wheel. Little tight between the cabinets and had to raise the bottom bunk 1". But it gets in there.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking at a new toy hauler in that 27-32 foot range with a forward walk around real bed. Currently I'm leaning towards a Jayco Octane super lite 273
As I think the front of my 1000-3 will nose up and clear. Jayco has the height covered as well. I can get one of these trailers new for about $28000.

I looked at that same trailer. It won't fit with less that 9'9" comfortably and I wasn't real impressed with the ergonomics and finishes in the trailer.

Reactions: JTW
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement
J

JTW

I've been working out whether or not I can tow it with my big rig. I need to measure 5th wheel to mudflap clearance and grab one of those units to measure pinbox to the trailer.
That would be awesome! I would also have to upgrade trucks so I'm either going to hold off until it's truck time or go smaller. I really don't want to go much smaller.

Reactions: moparornocar
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would be awesome! I would also have to upgrade trucks so I'm either going to hold off until it's truck time or go smaller. I really don't want to go much smaller.

I'm upgrading trucks in a couple years, then the 5th wheel will be ordered. Gives me time to figure out, which one.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Montana thats dam near like my Keystone Carbon 357 I can post some pics if any of you would like to see it for comparison? Mine is a 17' it fits my P1K5 just fine with a second rear bath in the cargo area for muddy people or just for guest cuz the garage doubles for another living/bedroom area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quickfish

quickfish

Sep 14, 2016
Kent, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This the other Jayco 265 I was looking at....
JAYCO OCTANE SUPER LITE 265
I want to keep it a travel trailer, as I really like having a canopy on the truck for the bird dogs
But might just go with a motor home as I already have a nice enclosed cargo trailer

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!