347919ED 1111 4080 BE1C 21833B6B1102

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just did 18 pieces of chicken legs and thigh on the Boss grill with pecan smoke and it turned out wonderful. I'm convinced you can't screw it up on those pellet grills...2.5 hrs at 250F and turn half way thru. You won't regret it. OH yeah...I used rib rub...paprika, black pepper, garlic powder and brown sugar.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bird Boobs marinated in Stubbs BBQ sauce and Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce. Yellow squash w/ oil and Montreal steak seasoning. MMMM.
Dang that was delicious! I was planning on bringing my grill with me out west but I'm assuming there will be fire bans in effect everywhere. I may have to pick up a Skottle along the way.
View attachment 84151 View attachment 84152 View attachment 84153
You have some very good cooking skills but using Charcoal Lighter fluid? I'm not fond of!

Reactions: 100Acre
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Cowboy charcoal in the egg works great too but some times you just want to throw dead animal, bird or fish parts on a gas grill...get it done and eat it... so there must be a variety of cooking methods. I modified a worn out gas grill to use wood, usually alder or mesquite but sometimes white oak if I can find it. Apple wood is also available and works well too and makes great cooking coals...BUT NEVER started with a dino sourced fluid. I always use kindling made from fat wood to get things going. This is a residual mind set from growing up in Long Needle Southern Pine country I suppose. I do use feather sticks sometimes to practice camping fire making stuff.

Now off to make waffles with Canadian blue berries and coolwhip to keep the berries from falling off the waffles...maybe creamed left over chopped chicken on waffles for dinner....we'll see.

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
I gave the family a choice and my son and daughter in law wanted my fried shrimp. The Grandboys begged for their favorite grill item, BBQ bacon wrapped chicken legs. Everything turned out just fine.

00524754 906D 4A46 B2F7 960F89B57478
1573634F D7FD 4BD6 A38C BBC106584564

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
WOW!!
The bacon makes the chicken an order of magnitude BETTER than mine. Just told #1 son what you did and we're going to study the technique and see if we can come close to your effort.

We just finished 4 lbs of mussels in a white wine and garlic sauce. I had a dash of black raspberry ice cream which was a big mistake eating that when your fingers still smell like garlic...should have known better.

BTW, I have done nice Gulf shrimp wrapped in bacon and fried fast in avacado oil. Gotta get the bacon crisp without overcooking the shrimp. I learned it from my Mother who fried in a cast iron deep pan with about an inch of oil. We had a beach house North of New Port Richie until my Dad retired. I used to catch crabs on the beach and cook them in Gulf water in a big pot over a fire made with drift wood. That was in the late 50's until 67. Now they would probably put you in jail for burning on the beach. Have that problem on TX beach?

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
We love bacon wrapped seafood also and do a lot of jalapeño/ shrimp, and scallops wrapped in bacon. Love the Traeger for bacon wrapped items as you don’t have flare up issues. Your mussel dish sounds fantastic. I need to do that dish again soon

460F835B BD64 4367 8F0B 1ECBA127DFA2

R

rickoshea

i just broke down a 12 lb. brisket and it's going to be hamburgers as soon as it chills a little bit.my mouth is watering just thinking about them.still have a half dozen briskets in the freezer.it's great having a son that's a butcher.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
i just broke down a 12 lb. brisket and it's going to be hamburgers as soon as it chills a little bit.my mouth is watering just thinking about them.still have a half dozen briskets in the freezer.it's great having a son that's a butcher.
What a deal!!!

#1 son was a butcher for Safeway for 6 years...couldn't stand the cold and he was born in Alaska...still handy to have to cut up hogs and a chunk of cow once in awhile.

Just came back from a trip to the Oregoon coast...those folks don't know how to handle seafood...I love raw oysters with hot sauce but when you order fried oysters and the plate has a couple slimy half cooked products of the sea with some kind of half cooked yellow corn mixture on top that fell off when you pick it up and nothing resembling FRIED...well I sent it back in exchange for "fish and chips" which turned out to be cod not halibut as promised. To shorten the story...aint't going back there anytime soon.

They do have a pretty coast line and friendly folks living there. We cut the trip short due to awful traffic on US 101 and heavy smoke at Crater Lake...still bad fires which is awful for the folks living there. Got home to find there was a fire close to the house but was only about 50 acres of pasture and was put out quickly by a helicopter with a dip bucket. Horses were turned out and they came home looking for dinner...no real damage apparently. We need RAIN badly but no lightning!!

R

rickoshea

What a deal!!!

#1 son was a butcher for Safeway for 6 years...couldn't stand the cold and he was born in Alaska...still handy to have to cut up hogs and a chunk of cow once in awhile.

Just came back from a trip to the Oregoon coast...those folks don't know how to handle seafood...I love raw oysters with hot sauce but when you order fried oysters and the plate has a couple slimy half cooked products of the sea with some kind of half cooked yellow corn mixture on top that fell off when you pick it up and nothing resembling FRIED...well I sent it back in exchange for "fish and chips" which turned out to be cod not halibut as promised. To shorten the story...aint't going back there anytime soon.

They do have a pretty coast line and friendly folks living there. We cut the trip short due to awful traffic on US 101 and heavy smoke at Crater Lake...still bad fires which is awful for the folks living there. Got home to find there was a fire close to the house but was only about 50 acres of pasture and was put out quickly by a helicopter with a dip bucket. Horses were turned out and they came home looking for dinner...no real damage apparently. We need RAIN badly but no lightning!!
fresh ground meat,so no cooking the ever loving crap out it ,tomatos and lettuce from our garden,wife has fresh made brioche buns proofing in the oven, locally made cheese,even the bacon is home cured by my son.can't get a more gourmet burger than this.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
fresh ground meat,so no cooking the ever loving crap out it ,tomatos and lettuce from our garden,wife has fresh made brioche buns proofing in the oven, locally made cheese,even the bacon is home cured by my son.can't get a more gourmet burger than this.
My dogs can't read so I explained what's for dinner at your house and they are even drooling!!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!