Multi What's the most unique vehicle you've owned?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Haha. I had a 1974 TR6 in 1976. Only had 10,000 miles on it when I bought it. In ‘77 we went to Toronto from Halifax. First was Montreal in 10 hours, usually took 14, then to Ottawa 100 miles in 1 hour, then to TO. We cruised at 115 miles an hour and saw lights coming up on us so I put her down to see what she’d do. Four lanes , she was dancing between 135 and 140 miles per hour , top down, everything getting sucked out of the car and the cover over the roof was straight up. Then a Turbo Carrera went by. Wow. I’ll never forget it. Haha
Caper
My first car was a ‘74 Astra. Fill the oil and check the gas. It got wrote off and I got a ‘73 Meteor Galaxy 500. Had 28 people in that car going to and from a party. Haha. Then a ‘74 Datsun 510. I couldn’t kill that car. 60,000 miles I put on that car in ONE year. I learned to rally drive in that car. 100 miles an hour down the dirt roads in Cape Breton sideways, racing a friend with the same car. Learned to drive a car in that 510. Haha. Then the TR6. Too many good times to tell. Then the best of all, haha, kidding, was the Subaru BRAT. I could have bought a new FJ40 Landcruiser for $1000 more. Dummy. Still had fun. Sold that and bought a 1964 Chevrolet. 327 , 300hp, 411’s, 400 turbo, 12 bolt posi. Plus she had air bags for traction.What a car. Nothing could catch her off the line. Even a few big blocks we’re surprised. Haha. Then we had a POLICE strike. Haha. The cops had a big fire in the intersection by the station with a thousand people around. I pull up in the Chevrolet and a cop sticks his head in and says to do some circles around the fire. He said there isn’t a guy here that will ticket you. Haha, enough said. I drifted around that fire about ten times, with the crowd going nuts, then still smoking up past the police station. Haha. What a car. Wish I still had her. I wouldn’t have a licence, but. Haha. Then I had a ‘74 Toyota FJ40 land cruiser. That I couldn’t kill. The rust did. I pulled a full bus load of people up a snow covered hill. Everybody on board clapped and the bus driver said if he didn’t see it he wouldn’t believe it. What a truck. Then I bought a new ‘88 Tacoma. Had that for 24 years, crazy reliable. Had a Suzuki Grand Vitera, for a couple years with the Tacoma. Then I bought a new FJ Cruiser in ‘07. I thought if it was as good as the old FJ40, I’d be OK. It was. What a beast in the snow. Up to the engine bonnet and touched the diff lock and the snow rolled off the bonnet and she pulled through. Sold that a few years ago and now own a Tundra. I’ve had a few vehicles, and had memories in all. Some stories that come out, my wife wonders how I’m still alive. Haha. Me too sometimes. Haha , Drive Safe.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My first car was a ‘74 Astra. Fill the oil and check the gas. It got wrote off and I got a ‘73 Meteor Galaxy 500. Had 28 people in that car going to and from a party. Haha. Then a ‘74 Datsun 510. I couldn’t kill that car. 60,000 miles I put on that car in ONE year. I learned to rally drive in that car. 100 miles an hour down the dirt roads in Cape Breton sideways, racing a friend with the same car. Learned to drive a car in that 510. Haha. Then the TR6. Too many good times to tell. Then the best of all, haha, kidding, was the Subaru BRAT. I could have bought a new FJ40 Landcruiser for $1000 more. Dummy. Still had fun. Sold that and bought a 1964 Chevrolet. 327 , 300hp, 411’s, 400 turbo, 12 bolt posi. Plus she had air bags for traction.What a car. Nothing could catch her off the line. Even a few big blocks we’re surprised. Haha. Then we had a POLICE strike. Haha. The cops had a big fire in the intersection by the station with a thousand people around. I pull up in the Chevrolet and a cop sticks his head in and says to do some circles around the fire. He said there isn’t a guy here that will ticket you. Haha, enough said. I drifted around that fire about ten times, with the crowd going nuts, then still smoking up past the police station. Haha. What a car. Wish I still had her. I wouldn’t have a licence, but. Haha. Then I had a ‘74 Toyota FJ40 land cruiser. That I couldn’t kill. The rust did. I pulled a full bus load of people up a snow covered hill. Everybody on board clapped and the bus driver said if he didn’t see it he wouldn’t believe it. What a truck. Then I bought a new ‘88 Tacoma. Had that for 24 years, crazy reliable. Had a Suzuki Grand Vitera, for a couple years with the Tacoma. Then I bought a new FJ Cruiser in ‘07. I thought if it was as good as the old FJ40, I’d be OK. It was. What a beast in the snow. Up to the engine bonnet and touched the diff lock and the snow rolled off the bonnet and she pulled through. Sold that a few years ago and now own a Tundra. I’ve had a few vehicles, and had memories in all. Some stories that come out, my wife wonders how I’m still alive. Haha. Me too sometimes. Haha , Drive Safe.
Caper
Oh and the Chevrolet came up from North Carolina. It was called the REBEL. A good friend had a GTO Judge and we pulled up beside each other many times and he would never go. Haha. Just a 327
Caper

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
My first car was a ‘74 Astra. Then a ‘74 Datsun 510. I couldn’t kill that car. 60,000 miles I put on that car in ONE year. I learned to rally drive in that car. 100 miles an hour down the dirt roads in Cape Breton sideways, racing a friend with the same car. Learned to drive a car in that 510. Haha.

I loved my Datsun 510. Probably the best "Bang for the Buck" car I ever owned.
Datsun 510

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I loved my Datsun 510. Probably the best "Bang for the Buck" car I ever owned.
View attachment 84725
I just saw one on line in Calgary a ‘73 , and it had 35,000 original miles. For $10,000 Canadian so about $5,000 US. Haha. I only paid $2500 actually $1 even trade for the Meteor. Haha. But yeah. They don’t make a car like that anymore. Crazy.
Caper

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
My first car was a 1962 Impala. It was a Navy base beater, bought it for a few hundred, drive it untill you go to sea and sell it to someone else. Next was a 1965 GTO, what a great set of wheels, had to get something with AC for the wife so the GTO went. What a dumb butt I was. Had a lot of different vehicles over the years. Other than the GTO the coolest was a 1955 Jeep station wagon. L6 6 cyl., 3 speed on the tree with overdrive. 2 wheel drive but the thing went everwhere I took it. Sold it to a young man in the Navy at NTC Orlando Fl. He drove it to Ohio then to Conn. Only problem he had was a wire shorted on the fender under the hood. Wire was replaced and he was on his way. Driving a 2015 Ford Super Duty, 4WD, 6.2 L gas now. Nice, but it ain't no 65 GTO. Attempting to upload a pic of the GTO but not having any luck. Mabe later if I can find out why its not in my photos when I attempt to unload it but is when I go to gallery. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I had a 1969 Olds 442. Wish I had a pic of it to post. It’s in an old photo album somewhere.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Nope. The night I got marred. It will be 50 years this November 1st. And to the same crazy red head.

That certainly explains the picture. I'll join @BWAF in congratulating you in advance. My 50th is next month. Got married on "Friday the 13th" of September. I could not ask for a better parole officer. :rolleyes:

Reactions: popeye and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That certainly explains the picture. I'll join @BWAF in congratulating you in advance. My 50th is next month. Got married on "Friday the 13th" of September. I could not ask for a better parole officer. :rolleyes:
Lol congrats to you too,could have picked a better day but mine is 11 days after 9 -11 easy to remember

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!