P1000 What's your thoughts on a good windshield?

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 1000-5 and installed the honda flip-up windshield. It works great because of being able to flip it completely up when traveling at slow speeds on warm days. The shock absorbers do an excellent job of supporting/and holding the windshield up to speeds of around 40mph. At speeds over that the windshield will start to move up and down. A couple that we ride with installed a windshield that opens about 3 inches and it gets very warm in the cab on warm days. I am careful when washing the machine that I do not rub on the windshield when it is still dirty. No scratches yet.

Didn't know Honda made a flip up with shocks, I better check it out. Mine just opens a few inches and has rotating arms that hold it.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Problem with the Honda you can't run a wiper. This according to their site is glass and has washer and wiper built in. Exactly what I'm looking for.

Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got mine installed from Superatv was good quality and fairly easy to install only b**** is protective plastic behind bolted on brackets. have to loosen up bolts to get it out and re adjust window all over again. Tight fit though guess they heard enough b****ing about gaps. Also bottom a little flimsy, going to install a piece of angle iron on bottom from side to side and attach clamp bracket to it and windshield. Should stiffen up bottom.

J

JTW

Just got mine installed from Superatv was good quality and fairly easy to install only b**** is protective plastic behind bolted on brackets. have to loosen up bolts to get it out and re adjust window all over again. Tight fit though guess they heard enough b****ing about gaps. Also bottom a little flimsy, going to install a piece of angle iron on bottom from side to side and attach clamp bracket to it and windshield. Should stiffen up bottom.
The bottom (lower) should not be flimsy at all.. should have two means of connection on each side.

Reactions: Rayrule
Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine only has the rops attachment at top of bottom half no bottom connection only contacts hood. The latch area is just a little flimsy but the angle iron will make it pretty solid going from side to side. Will send pictures when i install later this week or next. Will also make some mounting spots for later on stuff, phone or gps holder. look at picture on website only one for bottom section.

51ikzd3za L

J

JTW

Mine only has the rops attachment at top of bottom half no bottom connection only contacts hood. The latch area is just a little flimsy but the angle iron will make it pretty solid going from side to side. Will send pictures when i install later this week or next. Will also make some mounting spots for later on stuff, phone or gps holder. look at picture on website only one for bottom section.

View attachment 56890
Yup.. you’re right! I would have lost money on that one.. actually I had to go look at mine to be sure! The p500 has a different lower mount and I was putting it on there too. But I don’t have any issue with mine being solid (I guess that’s where I was adding an extra mount). Are you sure you have the lower pushed down good?

Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep it is as low as it can go,touching hood. Actually pushed behind hood and touching dash plastic. Guess that extra 6 inches the of width make a difference between 700 and 1000. Had to adjust top portion up to fit groove tight. Was packaged very good not just thrown in like the video i saw. Great product for the price. Got cheaper on amazon.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Yep it is as low as it can go,touching hood. Actually pushed behind hood and touching dash plastic. Guess that extra 6 inches the of width make a difference between 700 and 1000. Had to adjust top portion up to fit groove tight. Was packaged very good not just thrown in like the video i saw. Great product for the price. Got cheaper on amazon.
Yeah.. it was perfect for the 500. But a little extra support for the 1000 would be great.

advertisement
Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
fix for not so solid wind sheild piece of angle iron bolted to latch and both side brackets solid trying to upload pictures

J

justindiiorio

Nov 5, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would like to see pictures of the angle iron. Considering purchasing this for my Pioneer.

Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
here is how i braced windsheild. had to replace bolts on braces on rops

IMG 2825

R

Russ

Apr 28, 2016
mn
I have a 1000-5 with Honda full glass windshield. Also a 1/2 windshield hard coat both sides + 2", 17 inches total ( 2" over stock is better suited for people 6'+ because the top reinforcing bend is in my line of sight I am 5'9) for a extra $50.00 from UTV Windshields and Accessories off of Amazon for $300.00 if I remember correctly. I have slapped tree limbs at 40+mph and no scratches with the 1/2 windshield. also added soft black front doors and soft mid panel. In summer I can run either Windshield By opening the side windows and adjusting the window in the Mid Panel very little dust. I went for a 80 mile ride in northern MN 2 weekends ago it was 27 degrees F and 8+" of wet heavy snow we stayed dry and some what warm (no heater just from under seat heat) Oh I also added a used 1000-3 Bimini top with a little cutting on the seams and sewing of some Velcro we were completely enclosed and happy with the full windshield. I will add Pics if I can ever figure it out. This is what has worked for us you may have to do something different on your ride.

Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would like to see pictures of the angle iron. Considering purchasing this for my Pioneer.
needs to ne about 1.50 inch wide rests right in front of wind shield but catches front screw and both on the latch for middle of window

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If anyone is wanting to order a superatv flip windshield you can use code rzrforum for $40 off.

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
needs to ne about 1.50 inch wide rests right in front of wind shield but catches front screw and both on the latch for middle of window
Thought about doing this with some alum angle. In the mean time I just added a 2nd strip of insulation tape to the top of the bottom piece so the top would seal.

J

justindiiorio

Nov 5, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do these hold up while being hauled down the road? My deer lease is about 5 hours away with 95% of the trip going about 85MPH down the highway so I need to make sure it's sturdy enough to be hauled for long distances.

J

JTW

I’ve hauled mine with the SuperATV windshield a number of places at a higher rate of speed than most. As long as the machine is forward facing, you’ll have no issue.

J

justindiiorio

Nov 5, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve hauled mine with the SuperATV windshield a number of places at a higher rate of speed than most. As long as the machine is forward facing, you’ll have no issue.
Thanks a lot man

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!