P1000 Wheel base shorter on drivers side?

straycat

straycat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 28, 2016
rocky point nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Is the wheel base shorter on drivers side or do have a problem I installed highlifter forward control arms and there is about 1" difference between tire and fender on drivers side vs pass side driver side is shorter

straycat

straycat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 28, 2016
rocky point nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
I own a body shop with frame machine and measuring system but have no measurements I wonder if they are available from honda

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I own a body shop with frame machine and measuring system but have no measurements I wonder if they are available from honda
I doubt Honda will have A diagram of the measure points as its a different standard to a car. There are no adjustments other then tie-rod unlike a car anyways with stock components. That would be weird though seeing a pioneer on a tram

straycat

straycat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 28, 2016
rocky point nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
I doubt Honda will have A diagram of the measure points as its a different standard to a car. There are no adjustments other then tie-rod unlike a car anyways with stock components. That would be weird though seeing a pioneer on a tram
its weird im going to put the tram gauge on it and x it out and see if I can narrow it done it could be the control arm

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's funny on a sxs I like it!

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree but no one does it anymore it's just a bunch of parts changers. When we rolled our 700 the cycle shop would have totaled it because of parts and labor. The frame had a slight bend to one of the lower control arm mounts. I talked the ins into not totaling it and pay me. I threw it on our frame rack and easily tweeted it around. Even added support. They saved a ton on the claim and I wound up with some good stuff all for an afternoon. That was way better then loosing everything. Cycle shops wouldn't know what happened if body shops start doing sxs and quads shoot locally they even get 115/hour just to wash it

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!