RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I normally check as well... but when it’s in an enclosed you couldn’t see the rear wheels that well, when I did open the door. But at 100 gallons of fuel we were filling up around every 800 miles. That’s a long time in the road.
JTW I get that the truck gets filled up every 800 miles, but can your bladder go that long without getting emptied? Not to mention just needing to move my body around a bit. I've got a 62 gallon tank and can't make it through that before I have to stop. I'm only good for about 350 miles/5 hours at best. You got those fancy massage seats in your rig or something?

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
JTW I get that the truck gets filled up every 800 miles, but can your bladder go that long without getting emptied? Not to mention just needing to move my body around a bit. I've got a 62 gallon tank and can't make it through that before I have to stop. I'm only good for about 350 miles/5 hours at best. You got those fancy massage seats in your rig or something?
I believe that was brought up at Taylor Lake with J-lo (@JTW + @Kilo427) and their solution was “pee in a bottle”... luckily what wasn’t discussed is if they were holding the bottle for each other! o_O:eek:

J

JTW

Sounds like you need a prostate exam!!
I didn’t have a problem.. but ole kilo tiny tank was wizz’n every couple hundred miles on the side of the road!
This was just the return trip.. all separate occasions! Not including actual fuel stops and bathroom breaks.

A01D1DC6 C32E 451E 9BF7 63A9CE16EA88 BBF7A040 2DF5 430A 8040 0E48D848A68E 1FE71886 CD69 46F7 BE2F CEA588A69582

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Mmmmm that was in the last 2-300 miles, think the rough roads and time up probably had a factor lol, first 1000 I was fine. Then again when your asleep and not chugging energy drinks you don’t have to pee as much.

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
f*** it... I’m just going to chock the wheels with a piece of rail road tie and call it good. @Cuoutdoors @CumminsPusher

I "know" you're joking. err... I HOPE you're joking :)

4-point tie-down is the recommended method. Actually, its the law in most states, although I'm personally never heard of anyone getting fined for not having 4. Last thing I want to see is my P500 rolling off the back of my trailer, or bouncing off the side, not to mention flying off and killing someone.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just came back from doing my food plots in MO. I pulled the load 550 miles up there and 550 miles back. My Pioneer did not move .1 of an inch in that 1100 miles. It was not necessary to re-tighten the straps even once. I attach the hook on the bottom side of the frame on all 4 points. The suspension is NOT compressed and the ride is rock solid. I have made the trip numerous times and KNOW this configuration to work perfectly. If you magnify the pic the strap configuration is partially viewable.
520db8cdd83ebaeb9e3d02eb1b66f5fd

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just came back from doing my food plots in MO. I pulled the load 550 miles up there and 550 miles back. My Pioneer did not move .1 of an inch in that 1100 miles. It was not necessary to re-tighten the straps even once. I attach the hook on the bottom side of the frame on all 4 points. The suspension is NOT compressed and the ride is rock solid. I have made the trip numerous times and KNOW this configuration to work perfectly. If you magnify the pic the strap configuration is partially viewable.
View attachment 157151
Yep, the "Cummins" is so smooth running and the "Torque" supplied does a excellent job, to arrive unscathed! No, I didn't go there! LOL. Nice Truck! I wish I had the wheels on my truck, like yours.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So after finally trying the over the wheel tire bonnet setup in the new enclosed... I have concerns about it.

View attachment 155684 View attachment 155685

After leaving Colorado and stopping at @Kilo427 to pick up my truck. I noticed both back tires on the sxs were flat. Now, the tire with the 6 plug gash didn’t surprise me. But the other did. All this got me to thinking though... what happens if your tires go flat on your haul. You’ve now lost your means of attachment. Granted a tire can go flat anyway you strap it. But given the tire is what’s holding the wheel bonnet vs a fixed connection with closed end straps. I’m not really digging the wheel bonnet idea.

If you do it right, shouldn't be any concerns, like this guy......
FB IMG 1569813637098
FB IMG 1569813628938

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!