Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Soooo... if you add spacers to the outside of the wheel will that help reduce the strain on the CVs and still give the added stability?

Only on Artic Cats

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Soooo... if you add spacers to the outside of the wheel will that help reduce the strain on the CVs and still give the added stability?

You know I expected a completely inappropriate for any kind of company answer from you not a smart ass one.

Reactions: JACKAL and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everyone rides different and in different types of terrain. I imagine if I used mine around a farm more and only hit trails a couple times a year I would leave it mostly stock and never know a difference.

Back to wheel spacers - I do prefer the look of having my rear wheels the same as the front on aftermarket wheels - don't think I would ever go spacers all around unless I had a P500.

I also have to tinker with stuff I buy ... its how you learn and what adds fun into the mix for me. I did the same in competitive shooting ... just have to be prepared to replace with you take the dremel to.

Reactions: nbomar
SickSecBeamer

SickSecBeamer

Oct 13, 2017
Jax,Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m so I have a question if I’m wanting for run the same size tires and rims on the front and rear how much of a spacer do I have to add to the front or rear....to make them even/line up? I was thinking of getting another set of front rims so it’s the same size all around but I want them to track the same line....

It’s a 17 1000-5 also

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ohana said..."some of those people could tear up an anvil with a feather hammer."

I think wheel spacers are fine if you don't abuse you're ride.
They will give you more stability. The exact math is lengthy and the variables are many.

You could tip your Pioneer in the shop and find that it rolls at 45°.
I'd still bet you a $100 (plus a beer) you couldn't ride on the side of a 40° hill.

Next subject is cornering. Calculations will tell you that the wider stance will let you corner faster without rollover. (I bet there is more gain in cornering that on slopes). The problem is testing each arrangement under exactly the same circumstances.

Your biggest gain with spacers is tire clearance. If you need to stop a tire from rubbing, spacers might be the answer.

OH! and mud. You will get more muddy. I promise. Try calculating how much more muddy.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m so I have a question if I’m wanting for run the same size tires and rims on the front and rear how much of a spacer do I have to add to the front or rear....to make them even/line up? I was thinking of getting another set of front rims so it’s the same size all around but I want them to track the same line....

It’s a 17 1000-5 also
For me it was an 1" spacer on the rear wheels. I am running 7" -3.5 wheels all around.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OH! and mud. You will get more muddy. I promise. Try calculating how much more muddy.

1e2705e587145d3eeebbed5abca01bfb  blue jean barefoot

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

It’s a 17 1000-5 also

Jack up the front and rear take the wheels off and measure to the outside of the hubs front and rear, half of whatever the difference is buy a spacer that size. I am going to do just that in a few weeks when i put the new wheels/tires on, but am not gonna do it till then.

Reactions: Ragnar406
advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jack up the front and rear take the wheels off and measure to the outside of the hubs front and rear, half of whatever the difference is buy a spacer that size. I am going to do just that in a few weeks when i put the new wheels/tires on, but am not gonna do it till then.
What are you getting ?

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

It’s a 17 1000-5 also

I’m running 5+2 all the way around with a 1 inch spacer in the rear. With that setup it’s the same front an rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang...dual BL. You really dont wanna roll a bead.

Comes down to it there’s a high probability if I can plug it, I can patch it from inside and be back on the trails without a spare. A spare is heavy and takes up a lot of space. Takes a few more mins but I’ve only needed to plug a tire twice and those were both thin factory tires. I’m easier on the machine than some, I’ll try the same routes and obstacles but the way it get there isn’t as aggressive.

While they are heavier wheels, with the Evos the combo isn’t as heavy as a single beadlock and a set of roctanes. Those have been shown to be not too tough on the drivetrain with a slightly more aggressive driving style. So I have durability on the good side for two things AND the added weight is going as low as you can possibly add it.

Fc8d2762b23ac194a5b3f19ca7fd3dc2

That setup was probably 100-150lbs Mount, spare, jack, tools, made it top heavy which is why I haven’t made/bought a swing away tire carrier. It doesn’t fit my trail style I need stability and it gets in the way around the house using it for work.

For the really bad cuts or holes I’ll have a spare at the truck and a way to get to it just in case.

All that to answer why dual beadlocks.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m running 5+2 all the way around with a 1 inch spacer in the rear. With that setup it’s the same front an rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That what I “thought” it was but I was just going to measure it when I had the wheels off.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice, I always hear great things about that tire. I am with @GlockMeister you don't want those things coming off

The 700 in my post was mine there were great all around tires and did pretty well in the mud too. Wear well too the guy that owns it now has over 3000 miles on those tires.

Reactions: GlockMeister
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!