P1000 Wheel spacer math??

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The price wasn't bad but the $20 flat rate shipping charge ruined the deal for me.
We tried to do the cheapest way possible to ship them! I have looked at all ways. But the quality is worth it! We also have a sale till Christmas.

advertisement
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Comes down to it there’s a high probability if I can plug it, I can patch it from inside and be back on the trails without a spare. A spare is heavy and takes up a lot of space. Takes a few more mins but I’ve only needed to plug a tire twice and those were both thin factory tires. I’m easier on the machine than some, I’ll try the same routes and obstacles but the way it get there isn’t as aggressive.

While they are heavier wheels, with the Evos the combo isn’t as heavy as a single beadlock and a set of roctanes. Those have been shown to be not too tough on the drivetrain with a slightly more aggressive driving style. So I have durability on the good side for two things AND the added weight is going as low as you can possibly add it.

View attachment 59847

That setup was probably 100-150lbs Mount, spare, jack, tools, made it top heavy which is why I haven’t made/bought a swing away tire carrier. It doesn’t fit my trail style I need stability and it gets in the way around the house using it for work.

For the really bad cuts or holes I’ll have a spare at the truck and a way to get to it just in case.

All that to answer why dual beadlocks.
"told you that story to tell you this one..."lol

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, going with Forward Offset A-Arms is really not a good idea, then?

I just ordered them, but after reading this am having a little buyers regret.

Reactions: Windrock1000
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

They are stronger and give you extra clearance without lifting, also give you extra wheelbase for climbs (not sure 3” makes all THAT much difference though) also let you adjust camber if you do lift it, but that comes with the downside of HAVING to adjust camber.

No going back for me, I sent my factory arms to someone on here for the shipping cost.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

No Regrets! The new a-arms are a lot better than stock. All good on mine. The factory setup has the rear 1" narrower than the fronts. A lot of people on here downing wheel spacers. You can always do sideline quarterbacking- without ever doing it. I've had zero problems with spacers. Others using them have had good experiences.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After having the front and rear wheels off last night and measuring it looks like the front is slightly more than 1” wider than rear.

To get back to factory track I am debating with myself about putting 1” spacers on the rear. In theory the stress of the spacer would be no difference than the offset built into the factory wheel.

The downside will be 4 hidden lugnuts, if I decide that’s the perm route, I will clean the threads and torque them down with red loctite.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After having the front and rear wheels off last night and measuring it looks like the front is slightly more than 1” wider than rear.

To get back to factory track I am debating with myself about putting 1” spacers on the rear. In theory the stress of the spacer would be no difference than the offset built into the factory wheel.

The downside will be 4 hidden lugnuts, if I decide that’s the perm route, I will clean the threads and torque them down with red loctite.

I had thought about red loctite while reading this post. Just have to heat them to get them off. No big deal.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@FzyMtnMan Grab some popcorn.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!