Wheel spacers

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Hey! I'm a new owner of a P 500. I have decided to upgrade to Sedona Ripsaws on 14" rims. I have ordered 27"x11"x14s for all four corners. I'm sure that wheel spacers will be needed, but how thick will they need to be? I have some 30mm spacers on order, but I'm concerned that I might need to go bigger. Anybody have any info to share?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@p500fan, What wheel offset did you get? You shouldn't need spacers. But it will give you a wider stance.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I purchased STI HD3 wheels with a 5+2 offset. I would rather not run the spacers, but I don't want the front tires to rub, either. Will 11"wide tires have clearance for steering?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The only issue is the frame there at the inner front wheel well. Really hard to give you exact info on fitment.
But... Since you got the spacers on order. Just hold them until you see if there needed.
I'll see if I can find the info on the frame mod.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I've read about the frame mod for 28" or larger tires, but they are usually running 10" wide tires up front. I was worried about rubbing elsewhere. The frame mod isn't an issue, but by staying below a 28" diameter, I was hoping to avoid cutting the frame. If that is the only place that the tires would rub, however, I will cut it first thing. The other question I have is about track width. Are the widths the same for the front & rear? I would like for them to be as close as possible, as I am building an aluminum trailer to track behind this rig.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Switching to aftermarket wheels makes the front tires stick out just a hair more then the rear. Most don't even notice. its like a 1/2" or less.
Thats because the OEM wheels are a weird size like 6.5 front and 7.5 rear. Changing to a 7" wheel all around throws it off a bit.
You wouldn't even notice if it I hadn't said anything. lol.
But if you are building a trailer for a close to perfect fit you should get the P5 set up to your liking first.

Last edited by a moderator:
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Thanks for the info. I should be receiving the unit & accessories next week, so I'll send in some pics when I get everything put together.

Reactions: Hondasxs
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Got my wheels & tires in today, and my P500 should arrive tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get it all put together. On another thread, someone was asking about which tires are true to size. I have measured my new Ripsaws, and can tell you that they are very close to advertised size. They claim to be 27" tall, and are very close at 26.825". The width is a claimed 11", and is actually a little over 10.75". I haven't had a chance to see how they ride, but I am very impressed with the construction of the tires. They seem to be overbuilt, and I expect them to be durable in the long run.

Reactions: Hondasxs
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
The barge unloaded my P500 at about 10:15 this morning. I have spent most of the day installing windshield, roof, rear panel,& Ripsaws. Still have my doors to go, but its a beautiful day here in AK, so I have decided to forgo that for the weekend. There was clearance for the 27" tires without spacers or frame mod, but I may put the spacers on later, if I have any stability issues. I'm going for a ride this evening, but will post some pics when I return. Thanks for all the input/information! I have really enjoyed this website, & have recommended it to several people here on the island.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I used 2 inch spacers and installed 30's on 5-2 wheels. I couldn't turn full lock but its easy to get by using 75 % lock. My brother runs 27 inch Big Horns on 2-5 wheels making it 57 inches wide.

Reactions: Talen
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I can go lock to lock with no rubbing, but there isn't much room left. Any bigger, & I would have had to do the frame mod. The Ripsaws rode like a dream, & one of my students was convinced that it had EPS. It doesn't, & I see no reason for it. It went everywhere that a Foreman & a Rancher could go, with the only lacking performance in speed on the roadways. However, on the mountain trails, the extra torque and traction put the ATVs in their place. Ha!

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
Can someone tell me where to get spacers for my wheels so I can use my factory lugs on my wheels.Thanks

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I used 2 inch spacers and installed 30's on 5-2 wheels. I couldn't turn full lock but its easy to get by using 75 % lock. My brother runs 27 inch Big Horns on 2-5 wheels making it 57 inches wide.
Wow, what a mud slinger that must be!!

Reactions: markie
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well I went with spacers from ATVonics.Was cheapest around and good quality.With my offset wheels and tires it will widen my stance 3".
You won't be feelin any tip with that setup. First time I took this machine out I definitely thought I was going over.
Put 1" spacers on and haven't puckered since. You wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference but I
don't even think about it anymore. It does everything I throw at it.

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
I purchased STI HD3 wheels with a 5+2 offset. I would rather not run the spacers, but I don't want the front tires to rub, either. Will 11"wide tires have clearance for steering?
Yes. No problem. You have half inch more offset than stock

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!