P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Problem though: it's 60" wide and my tires are around 68.

Reactions: Lady01
R

rickoshea

i had a front mounted snowthrower on my craftsman mower.i mounted it one winter but never used it once.i ended up selling it.pita to remove the cutting deck and mount the blower.

Reactions: Lady01 and Vikes79
G

GreatNorth

May 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
Problem though: it's 60" wide and my tires are around 68.
Yeah, if you get enough snow to need a blower, that's probably not going to work well--a little wider than wheels would be more like it. If your accumulation is low enough that you won't get any real banks, a blade is generally quickest.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
IF the snow is light and fluffy, you live near the county line, the wind blowing in the right direction, and if it's Beaufort 12 or better. Then maybe! :)
Haha. Really, it will throw anything 60ft +, but will also strip the small branches off the trees as well should they get in the way. Great machine though, can really move allot of snow quick.

Last edited:
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For me, my snowplow is enough.
I built a dolly that holds the push tubes at the right height for the undercarriage pins.
Makes it easy to attach, detach and wheel out of the way.

The pull handle between the springs will let you shift left or right 45 degrees.
The wear bar along the bottom of the blade is reversible and replaceable.
My place is at 8,000 in the Wasatch mountains and I've had this for 6 years.
It's holding up very well for the amount of use.

Last edited:
G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I wanted to post a special thanks to stewB for his idea on building a dolly for when the plow/push tubes are off the machine. I had to go find and purchase the wheels but it was a breeze to fabricate.

Much Thanks!

s/f Steve

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I had to go find and purchase the wheels but it was a breeze to fabricate.
Harbor Freight has a boatload of different shapes, sizes, composition and capacities of wheels, and at a great price.

I built these so I could move the pontoon boat around the pole barn during the winter. The added height lets me put the 150HP Yamaha outboard completely vertical without extended the needed length of the vessel. HF wheels.

Wheels

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A word of caution re. making dollies. I welded up one for the backhoe attachment on my Kubota tractor. I weighs something like 900 lbs, so I was careful in picking wheels that were rated for the load, choosing a urethane tread. That was a mistake, as rolling on my smooth concrete floor proved to be difficult. This was due to the hard durometer plastic compressing on the bottom. To move meant that compressing had to "move along" the plastic. Going to steel wheels made rolling a breeze, so long as there's no rocks or gravel in the way! Of course the hard wheels are no good for soft surfaces, but then my old bod' ain't good for moving a hoe (any kind, BTW) if I gotta push hard. Oh, I'm sorry I said that.

C

Cooliodaggett

Jun 8, 2020
Upper Peninsula
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have any feed back from Northern Michigan and their 1000-5 for snow plowing?
I live in the UP. I don't use mine for plowing but I do drive it all winter. I think it would a do a great job. I drove it through a lot of deep snow last year and it walked through it like nothing. Only problem might be windows fogging up while driving slow

D

Dasmoeturhead

I live in the UP. I don't use mine for plowing but I do drive it all winter. I think it would a do a great job. I drove it through a lot of deep snow last year and it walked through it like nothing. Only problem might be windows fogging up while driving slow
Bet it gets cold up there. Winters bad enough here in TN. Take care and enjoy them rides.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
A word of caution re. making dollies. I welded up one for the backhoe attachment on my Kubota tractor. I weighs something like 900 lbs, so I was careful in picking wheels that were rated for the load, choosing a urethane tread. That was a mistake, as rolling on my smooth concrete floor proved to be difficult. This was due to the hard durometer plastic compressing on the bottom. To move meant that compressing had to "move along" the plastic. Going to steel wheels made rolling a breeze, so long as there's no rocks or gravel in the way! Of course the hard wheels are no good for soft surfaces, but then my old bod' ain't good for moving a hoe (any kind, BTW) if I gotta push hard. Oh, I'm sorry I said that.
Yup. Know your material (solid rubber, pneumatic rubber, nylon, polyurethane, PVC, steel, etc.), your payload (per wheel), wheel size and know your intended surface. Not rocket science, but if you don't pay attention, you could be in for a world of hurt.

Reactions: Lady01 and StewB
Luckybeer

Luckybeer

Nov 20, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have a KFI 72" plow... we get a huge amount of snow, 8 month long winters.. It has never had a problem...I should note that I do have chains also which helps alot

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!