tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
...and does it really matter?

I would like to buy things made in Canada or the USA but end up with Chinese products.

I have looked at many tire manufacturer sites and I have yet to find a "made in Canada" or "made in USA" banner.

Everything that I am wearing right now was made elsewhere except for my shoes (Redwing) and socks (DarnTough).

Perhaps I can do better with tyres.

C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My stock tires on the 1000-3 are made in China, and that bugs me. I go out of my way to avoid anything made in China. Almost anywhere else is acceptable with U.S. bring preferable. Had some Sorel boots made in Canada years ago, darn good boots. Last I looked they were made in China as well.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My stock tires on the 1000-3 are made in China, and that bugs me. I go out of my way to avoid anything made in China. Almost anywhere else is acceptable with U.S. bring preferable. Had some Sorel boots made in Canada years ago, darn good boots. Last I looked they were made in China as well.
I think Kamik boots are still made in Canada.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
itp/carlisle i believe are still made in PA, one of the reasons i originally choose those, always good traction and wear once i got it, so i bought them for everything ive had

Reactions: Backwoods
tomcj2

tomcj2

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
itp/carlisle i believe are still made in PA
Their webpage doesn't state that but rather skirts around the issue with phrases such as We operate across North America, Asia and Europe with facilities strategically located to help us better service our end customers.
They list a manufacturing facility in Jackson TN but I can't find out what they do there.
I just sent them an email asking where their Versa Trail tires are made. I'll report back when I get a reply.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
itp/carlisle i believe are still made in PA, one of the reasons i originally choose those, always good traction and wear once i got it, so i bought them for everything ive had

Maybe they make some in the US, but I know that they make a lot of tires in China. I worked for a manufacturer that sold equipment to their factories in China

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker

Mar 4, 2018
Manitoulin Island
Ownership

1. 500
Their webpage doesn't state that but rather skirts around the issue with phrases such as We operate across North America, Asia and Europe with facilities strategically located to help us better service our end customers.
They list a manufacturing facility in Jackson TN but I can't find out what they do there.
I just sent them an email asking where their Versa Trail tires are made. I'll report back when I get a reply.
Traxion tires are suppose to be a Canadian company I have been looking at them for a bit now

3E1F4E14 9D0F 4286 9FC3 B88591AB06E3

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
...and does it really matter?

I would like to buy things made in Canada or the USA but end up with Chinese products.

I have looked at many tire manufacturer sites and I have yet to find a "made in Canada" or "made in USA" banner.

Everything that I am wearing right now was made elsewhere except for my shoes (Redwing) and socks (DarnTough).

Perhaps I can do better with tyres.
When I bought wheels for our S x S, I couldn't find any made the US, but did by US ITP tires.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Maybe they make some in the US, but I know that they make a lot of tires in China. I worked for a manufacturer that sold equipment to their factories in China

I have to correct myself. It was COOPER, Not Carlisle. Sorry for the misinformation!

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2

just remember a thing fisher did one time that said they were made in pa, but that was quite a while ago, seems everyone is going out of country now

tomcj2

tomcj2

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Here is the response from ITP/Carlisle

Thank you for contacting us about our products. The Versa Trails are made in Jackson Tennessee.
Thank you
carlstar customer service

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!