100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my Idaho and Colorado OHV permit stickers in the mail. Where on the P5 should I mount them? Is there a requirement to place them in the windshield or on a fender and where do you guys put your stickers to keep them from getting trashed on the trails? Thanks.
IMG 0043
IMG 0083

Reactions: sharp
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Each state is different. .
I would suggest put um...
where they say to..
instructions. .on other side

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've wondered what they require in other states? Is that what's hanging on your front bumper roc?
Michigan requires on the rear of the machine, but as long as you have them with you...?
Toad Latches And they're green this year! :rolleyes:

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I've wondered what they require in other states? Is that what's hanging on your front bumper roc?
Michigan requires on the rear of the machine, but as long as you have them with you...?
View attachment 44184 And they're green this year! :rolleyes:
Yes..state says..front fender...well front fender
...on p5..kinda..non existing. ..the black trim...is
an oil based plastic..which..doesn't allow it..
..to adheres to it.
most if not all stickers come with...instructions
...on placement. .

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I like mine to be seen...as not to be hassled
by Barney 5....hehe..
I prefer...the head nod...& continue
...my ride...

Reactions: 100Acre and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah..not many states,
still do small plates...
cheaper to do sticker...
New Mexico... $50..for
2 yrs...you don't get to pick..

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I put the sticker..between 2
pieces of lexan plastic...
turned out tits
20170511 154346

Reactions: trigger and 100Acre
advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That must be...for a certain state. ..?
New Mexico...left front fender..
I do know..every sticker..sold..
has a designated place with
instructions. .where & how to....
Actually there were instructions on the back of the Colorado permit sticker but no placement directions whatsoever came with the Idaho one.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Actually there were instructions on the back of the Colorado permit sticker but no placement directions whatsoever came with the Idaho one.
That's weird..

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did find out that if I want to register it in Idaho and get a plate that is only $3.00. Kind of a no brainer. NC just doesn't require you to register or title it. Another thing I did read on one of the accompanying letters was that I must keep the paper copy with me as well. Is this true, that you need to carry the paper document as well? I'd imagine I'll need the filing cabinet accessory for the P5 soon enough.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
l have mine registered in Iowa which requires the sticker on the rear,I also registered it in Wis.which requires you to put a sticker on each front and a plate on the rear which you have to make yourself,like @rocmar said they don't stick to the black plastic so I put one on each side of the windshield,I could get an out of state yearly pass for Wis. for 35.00 per year which would only require the one sticker on the front and no plate, but if I register it in Wis. the fee is 30.00 for two years.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my Idaho renewal permit letter for 2018. Thinking I should blow off farming and become a professional Idaho trail rider.

Reactions: Mudwing
mcwright

mcwright

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2014
McCall, ID
In Idaho, just needs to be visible if just using the sticker. I would put it somewhere on the back as that is the requirement for the restricted plate. The restricted vehicle plate allows you to drive it on the county roads and city streets. Sticker just allows "off road". And yes, you are required to carry the registration with you as well as proof of insurance if your on county or city roads.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In Idaho, just needs to be visible if just using the sticker. I would put it somewhere on the back as that is the requirement for the restricted plate. The restricted vehicle plate allows you to drive it on the county roads and city streets. Sticker just allows "off road". And yes, you are required to carry the registration with you as well as proof of insurance if your on county or city roads.
I still wanna live near McCall!

Garbageman

Garbageman

Dec 6, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
New Meadows would be nicer than Mccall. Not as touristy, but you're only 20 minutes or so from groceries. Also gets you pretty close to some riding out of Riggins, and from there, down into hells canyon. Damn, why don't I move there.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New Meadows would be nicer than Mccall. Not as touristy, but you're only 20 minutes or so from groceries. Also gets you pretty close to some riding out of Riggins, and from there, down into hells canyon. Damn, why don't I move there.
Ever been up the Centennial trail ? It’s along the Salmon river heading into the Frank Church River of no Return Wilderness. Super rocky trail at first but really phenomenal ride! I came down the French Creek Switchbacks from Burgdorf Hot Springs down the switchbacks to the river then over to the Wind River Bridge then up centennial trail. One of the best rides ever!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!