BOX1

P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Removed the rear part of the cage for the flat bed. Needed to be bolt on anyways.

Resized 20181121 233833003 1

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got this little guy just in case a sport model doesn't work out...

View attachment 94565
Hell id love that in a YXZ... they are factory boost ready even forged internals.
Damn buddy that thing is gunna look good! The Yota next to it not so bad either:)

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The tuning and lack of transmission control make me hesitant to turbo. Seems very limited to me but I'm also spoiled in the hardware/software department. Injectors? Pump? Regulator? Intercooler?
Duty cycle is maxing at about 55% with the big cam and other upgrades so i do have room there. Water to air intercooler is best. I've already added an extra friction disk in both clutches and shimmed the regulator spring for the dct oil pump. Been modifying the valve body parts also, as i have spares to mod and test. The PCV does have an input for a MAP sensor, so can build a fuel and ignition table based on pressure and the autotune will trim that table also. 110-120 hp would be fine.

Z

Zmorris83

Duty cycle is maxing at about 55% with the big cam and other upgrades so i do have room there. Water to air intercooler is best. I've already added an extra friction disk in both clutches and shimmed the regulator spring for the dct oil pump. Been modifying the valve body parts also, as i have spares to mod and test. The PCV does have an input for a MAP sensor, so can build a fuel and ignition table based on pressure and the autotune will trim that table also. 110-120 hp would be fine.

That is basically what I had in mind on the clutches. I also thought about finding an automotive application that shares clutch OD/ID and drive teeth as they make much more aggressive frictions/steels for automotive use. Does it have electronic pressure control or is it strictly mechanical? Does PCV support rev limiter/shift speed mod?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That is basically what I had in mind on the clutches. I also thought about finding an automotive application that shares clutch OD/ID and drive teeth as they make much more aggressive frictions/steels for automotive use. Does it have electronic pressure control or is it strictly mechanical? Does PCV support rev limiter/shift speed mod?
I had some clutches relined in kevlar by Barnett before the clutch update and it really didnt make a difference. With the update i dont really think the stock clutches will be an issue. There is a pressure control valve in the valve body. Also a valve for bleeding off pressure on each side of the shift valve. PCV can raise the limiter but u have to get a code from them with your vin #. It has no control over shifting.

Z

Zmorris83

I had some clutches relined in kevlar by Barnett before the clutch update and it really didnt make a difference. With the update i dont really think the stock clutches will be an issue. There is a pressure control valve in the valve body. Also a valve for bleeding off pressure on each side of the shift valve. PCV can raise the limiter but u have to get a code from them with your vin #. It has no control over shifting.
In an automotive application the clutches make a significant difference. So much so that part throttle shift pressures have to be turned down.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
In an automotive application the clutches make a significant difference. So much so that part throttle shift pressures have to be turned down.
Ive always had the red alto and kolene steels in my drag cars. Just need someone to crack the computer and this could all be changed easily. Its programmed to lower psi to smooth it out.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!