BOX1

P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Sat on @Plumber32 newer seat at takeover and knew i had to have one and forgot about it. Me and @joeymt33 swapped rides last weekend at Coalmont and he had the new seat. Wow, much better than the '16 seat. Ordered!

Screenshot 20180629 212512 Chrome

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sat on @Plumber32 newer seat at takeover and knew i had to have one and forgot about it. Me and @joeymt33 swapped rides last weekend at Coalmont and he had the new seat. Wow, much better than the '16 seat. Ordered!

View attachment 79893
A full day is so much better. No monkey but!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 79893
it is crazy the difference it makes.. I still have my old and swapped if back out when I took my honda in for the clutch cover update (just incase) - I forgot about it but noticed immediately when I sat it again

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
it is crazy the difference it makes.. I still have my old and swapped if back out when I took my honda in for the clutch cover update (just incase) - I forgot about it but noticed immediately when I sat it again
Yea, I noticed Joeys seat as soon as I sat down and had forgot he swapped it.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mom got the top done. I've got the same material in white and black. Really wanted a digital artic camo but couldn't find it. I like being able to take the top off easy. Used a small aluminum u channel in the front. Velcro on the sides and Paracord on the rear.
View attachment 41378 View attachment 41376

Hey I know I'm going waayyyyy back here, but I'm looking for mod ideas and frankly, you have done just about everything it seems like so I'm digging through your thread. Any idea where you got your fabric for this soft top? Was it waterproof? I like the idea of an easy to remove soft top for shade and pop up showers that doesn't cost me 200 bucks. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Alright... I've spent the last hour or so going thru this entire thread.

What you call "tinkering" is an amazing talent man. You built one kickass 1K! The stuff you'll tackle is amazing! E-brake? Dual master cyl? Holy crap, I wish I had half your talent.

Great job!!

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Hey I know I'm going waayyyyy back here, but I'm looking for mod ideas and frankly, you have done just about everything it seems like so I'm digging through your thread. Any idea where you got your fabric for this soft top? Was it waterproof? I like the idea of an easy to remove soft top for shade and pop up showers that doesn't cost me 200 bucks. Thanks in advance!
Got it off ebay. My mother sewed it up for me. It was like a sunbrella fabric. I sprayed it with scotch guard about a year ago and havent saw any water come through it. About time to replace it. It doesn't like being slid against trees.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Wow. Haven't updated in a while. Couple of upgrades over the winter will be a flat bed and some suspension updates. Anyone need a cage if I do a new one? Offers? Elka stage 5's what are they worth?

Download

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!