BOX1

P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Resized 20191017 210828

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I'm intrigued by the shock tuning. What are you after by revalving them in comparison to how they performed at Stony?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm intrigued by the shock tuning. What are you after by revalving them in comparison to how they performed at Stony?
With these I have external Low and High speed compression and rebound adjustments. I made a bunch of passes over the same terrain when y'all went for dinner and got my settings pretty close. I was close to full loose on low speed compression, High speed compression was in the middle of my adjustment and rebound was tight. So I add a flutter stack to the low and medium speed part of the stack to soften and replaced 2 rebound shims to a little thicker shim to stiffen. Ideally I want my adjustments for the shock to be in the middle to ride the best. Plus the external adjustments change a more linear range vs the shims that are more progressive. Ususally lots of trial and error revalving unless u do it for a living but doesn't take long to do. More time taking the shock and spring off than re-valving.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
With these I have external Low and High speed compression and rebound adjustments. I made a bunch of passes over the same terrain when y'all went for dinner and got my settings pretty close. I was close to full loose on low speed compression, High speed compression was in the middle of my adjustment and rebound was tight. So I add a flutter stack to the low and medium speed part of the stack to soften and replaced 2 rebound shims to a little thicker shim to stiffen. Ideally I want my adjustments for the shock to be in the middle to ride the best. Plus the external adjustments change a more linear range vs the shims that are more progressive. Ususally lots of trial and error revalving unless u do it for a living but doesn't take long to do. More time taking the shock and spring off than re-valving.
That's really cool. I always played with pistons and hole shape/size when I raced 1/8 scale R/C cars. I would buy blank pistons and drill them out for different track types. It was really cool to see how those little changes made the car better, so watching what you've done in a real scale buggy is pretty neat.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Started mocking up long travel on the pioneer. Hopefully this weekend I will get the geometry finalized and the arms finished for the front. I have the factory Fox RC2 2.5 shocks off my YXZ that I am going to use. Rhino 2.0 axles. I am shooting for 2.5" forward and overall width of about 71". Travel looks to be 15"-17". It can be more but I would need to move the A arm mounting points and change to a shorter rack to do it and not wanting to go that deep yet. Going to have to cut a lot of plastic around the headlights.

View attachment 145107

You da man! What application for the Rhino 2.0 axles did you use that are wider?
I am ready to start buying parts now!

Or did your width come from different wheels?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You da man! What application for the Rhino 2.0 axles did you use that are wider?
I am ready to start buying parts now!

Or did your width come from different wheels?
Pioneer 6" lift rhino 2.0 axles. They are about 4.25" in the front and 5" wider in the rear on each side. I used a high offset 5-1 wheel to pull the wheels in so it is 72-73" wide. With the wider rear axles, u dont need the wheel spacer to even out the width. Still a lot of fab and trial and error. Got around 5k in parts and a lot of time.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you machine your own A arm ends for the balljoints up front?

Reactions: BWAF
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!