P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you can just cool it to @CumminsPusher level that would be big jump but a good start.

It’s not my fault that these parts can’t hang with me. This is the exact reason I quit driving Chevrolet trucks back in the 90s because I got tired of crap breaking all the time

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
don't change the subject we as moderators have to keep the thread on track.

I guess my response should have been, I’m trying to build mine more robust and eliminate all the weak spots because I know the driver who will be driving it after beer-30

D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got laser cut parts to redo my a arms and mounting tabs. Lots of welding ahead haha.

Resized 20200124 153509 jpeg

Those mounts look great, and are exactly what I had in mind to replace the weak stock upper mounts. Do you have any pics of the stock mounts being removed and the new mounts attached to the frame? What type of jigs did you fabricate to maintain the correct alignment?

Reactions: Isaiah
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Those mounts look great, and are exactly what I had in mind to replace the weak stock upper mounts. Do you have any pics of the stock mounts being removed and the new mounts attached to the frame? What type of jigs did you fabricate to maintain the correct alignment?
I think Joey has pic's. Basically locate 1 stock hole and match that to these. We're are running heim joints so it's not that critical as we can adjust. I did add the 2nd notch so a SATV arm could be used and cut the tube to have 2 bolts instead of the 1.

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!