P1000 Who’s done this?

Nruis89

Nruis89

Jan 4, 2021
Buchanan, Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the pv3 and Florida cracker custom tune which I like. This sounds interesting. 72-95hp is a big increase. I’m having fun on stock tires right now but I bet with this kit trail riding would be a blast.

5F9AA7C7 6D29 4844 8F5A 3EAFEA87EE35

Nruis89

Nruis89

Jan 4, 2021
Buchanan, Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The machine that they have done this too runs 88mph. Does wheelies on takeoff. Pretty insane.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
1800 doesn’t seem to bad lol I mean I should save 500 with already having my own pv3 and tune. Why hasn’t everyone already done this. People always talking about they want more power lol sad thing is I haven’t even made my first payment yet and I wanna do this 🤦‍♂️

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1800 doesn’t seem to bad lol I mean I should save 500 with already having my own pv3 and tune. Why hasn’t everyone already done this. People always talking about they want more power lol sad thing is I haven’t even made my first payment yet and I wanna do this
Well with their kit, I'm pretty sure they would include a tune to work with it. Plus they aren't a fan of Florida Cracker. Amateur tuner vs very experienced tuners.

Reactions: EMAW and Lady01
Nruis89

Nruis89

Jan 4, 2021
Buchanan, Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well with their kit, I'm pretty sure they would include a tune to work with it. Plus they aren't a fan of Florida Cracker. Amateur tuner vs very experienced tuners.

I’m guessing you aren’t a fan of his tunes either. I don’t have experience with no other tunes but I can tell you it woke mine up.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

They aren’t a fan of anyone except themselves. They’ve been booted from most FB pages because they threaten to “whoop your ass” if you ask them a question.

When they show videos that aren’t late at night with a 1988 video camera and an actual performance gauge. A handheld stopwatch doesn’t count. They are the type of person who tilts the phone to make the hill look steeper.

I trust what they have to say less than the government telling me they are here to help.

Nruis89

Nruis89

Jan 4, 2021
Buchanan, Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
They aren’t a fan of anyone except themselves. They’ve been booted from most FB pages because they threaten to “whoop your ass” if you ask them a question.

When they show videos that aren’t late at night with a 1988 video camera and an actual performance gauge. A handheld stopwatch doesn’t count. They are the type of person who tilts the phone to make the hill look steeper.

I trust what they have to say less than the government telling me they are here to help.
so do you think there kit isn’t all it’s cracked up to be? Like I said I’m 100% fine with my tune. I don’t wanna change that.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so do you think there kit isn’t all it’s cracked up to be? Like I said I’m 100% fine with my tune. I don’t wanna change that.
I’m saying they’ve never actually shown any clear videos, dyno charts, or precise measurements proving anything.
It’s all “seat of the pants claims” or dark blurry shaky video. They do have a lot of people claiming they can “feel” a difference.

It all smells as fishy as the 50HP claims from a cold air intake kit.

Realistically you should be able to attain Talon level power if you swap all the motor parts over that are different, which require machining to the Pioneer motor. Then you should theoretically be able to drop a Talon ECU in and only get errors associated with the i4wd system. Theoretically.

Nruis89

Nruis89

Jan 4, 2021
Buchanan, Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m saying they’ve never actually shown any clear videos, dyno charts, or precise measurements proving anything.
It’s all “seat of the pants claims” or dark blurry shaky video. They do have a lot of people claiming they can “feel” a difference.

It all smells as fishy as the 50HP claims from a cold air intake kit.

Realistically you should be able to attain Talon level power if you swap all the motor parts over that are different, which require machining to the Pioneer motor. Then you should theoretically be able to drop a Talon ECU in and only get errors associated with the i4wd system. Theoretically.
I want talon power lol

advertisement
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m guessing you aren’t a fan of his tunes either. I don’t have experience with no other tunes but I can tell you it woke mine up.
Oh I don't have a problem with anybody's tunes I'm not that kind of guy. Lol I just know which one I bought and it works for me. Their Facebook presence isn't the best mostly just one of them. I'll give that credit where it's due. Lol.

I think they're cockiness comes from a newer tuner undercutting their prices and less experience. That's all and yes they blow it all out of proportion.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh I don't have a problem with anybody's tunes I'm not that kind of guy. Lol I just know which one I bought and it works for me. Their Facebook presence isn't the best mostly just one of them. I'll give that credit where it's due. Lol.

I think they're cockiness comes from a newer tuner undercutting their prices and less experience. That's all and yes they blow it all out of proportion.

The members of this forum ran the Morris brothers off before they could be asked to leave. That in itself should speak volumes.

Competition is capitalism, the free market will decide the winner. If the new guy has good stuff supply is up and prices will go down.

Nruis89

Nruis89

Jan 4, 2021
Buchanan, Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The members of this forum ran the Morris brothers off before they could be asked to leave. That in itself should speak volumes.

Competition is capitalism, the free market will decide the winner. If the new guy has good stuff supply is up and prices will go down.
Well I’m new to the pioneer world. I have a rubicon and 2 foreman’s. All I can say is I love my pioneer. I won’t ride my 4 wheelers anymore. The tune was sweet. I can handle more tho. I didn’t want a talon. I wanted a pioneer to hold the dog box for hunting and carry the kids. I’d love to put a lift and portals on but that takes away from all the fun I’m having now doing donuts and hauling ass every where I go.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

100% agreed. Wasn't making excuses for them. Just my thoughts on why they do what they do. Lol

H

HondaTech

I want talon power lol

I've installed a Hess tune, camshaft, ported head, and hmf exhaust on a Talon. Supposedly it makes 120hp with those upgrades. Id love to shove a Talon engine into a Pioneer. But if your going through all that, might as well get the JR turbo instead.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've installed a Hess tune, camshaft, ported head, and hmf exhaust on a Talon. Supposedly it makes 120hp with those upgrades. Id love to shove a Talon engine into a Pioneer. But if your going through all that, might as well get the JR turbo instead.
I heard the JR turbo wasn’t reliable and blowing motors, no clue how accurate but figure you will know more on this.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
H

HondaTech

I heard the JR turbo wasn’t reliable and blowing motors, no clue how accurate but figure you will know more on this.

Ours lasted a whole XC racing series and a 12 hour race at TexPlex with no issues. We tore the engine down after the 12 hour race and one of the pistons had broken the skirt. Luckily it spit it out into the oil tank and didnt tear anything else up.

We were warned that the pistons were "made of glass" and would break. Other than that the engine is solid.

Most of the blown enignes were people messing with the turbo adjustments, and turning the boost up.

Plenty of guys have tuned the JR kit with a PV3, bigger injectors, an exhaust and some better pistons. Their making 160 at the wheels without issue, but the clutch is becoming the limit atm. You also have to address the factory oil cooler. It sucks at keeping the temperature down below the threshold of the engine limiting the power.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!