BOX1

Who are the winners and losers of the post cv-19 era?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also think Walmart will benefit .. while they evoke love and hate They have stepped up and are making decisions that won’t make them money in the short term.
i also think some local Shops will be winners in the area.

Big losers the Kids who miss 1/2 year of school - the Seniors who will miss that last semester, last game, prom, etc .

This will likely be the nail in the coffin for business that were barely hanging on like JC Pennys, etc Also read where AMC theaters will likely go under. This will likely change Hollywood as well. No movies or TV shows being worked on now - will speed up the jump for cable.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Listened to a lengthy radio interview with Adam Aaron (CEO of AMC) last Thursday, he squashed the idea that CV19 spells the end of AMC. Stating that it was predicted that VHS, DVD and then on line streaming would be their demise as well. He said 2018/19 were their biggest profit years ever and he believes theaters are going to be one of many places people head to when SAHO’s are lifted.......

Hope he’s right.....🤞

Reactions: rtn001
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Listened to a lengthy radio interview with Adam Aaron (CEO of AMC) last Thursday, he squashed the idea that CV19 spells the end of AMC. Stating that it was predicted that VHS, DVD and then on line streaming would be their demise as well. He said 2018/19 were their biggest profit years ever and he believes theaters are going to be one of many places people head to when SAHO’s are lifted.......

Hope he’s right.....🤞
Yep! We all have to bite the bullet for now! I would like to know for my sake and our customers if anyone in our company is a carrier, no one is sick, even has the sniffles. Wouldn't it be great to have a patch that would turn colors if you came into contact with the COVID 19?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hope he’s right.....🤞
I hope you right, I enjoy the newer theaters with the reclining chairs and reserved seating but I think it is the combination of current economic loss, the fear that people will want more distance between them and the fact that Hollywood is not working now - a lot of the B tier already going straight to streaming or video rental because the studios need the money now and the audience is there in combination with the A tier movies being moved back - James Bond, Black Widow, Mulan etc

Fall TV might be impacted I know the season finale of the Walking dead has been delayed until later in the year because they could not finish - it was going to air next week.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I hope you right, I enjoy the newer theaters with the reclining chairs and reserved seating but I think it is the combination of current economic loss, the fear that people will want more distance between them and the fact that Hollywood is not working now - a lot of the B tier already going straight to streaming or video rental because the studios need the money now and the audience is there in combination with the A tier movies being moved back - James Bond, Black Widow, Mulan etc

Fall TV might be impacted I know the season finale of the Walking dead has been delayed until later in the year because they could not finish - it was going to air next week.
No I am right, he really said these things in his interview.......I just hope that he’s right...👍

But yes, all that you mention is true, and so like so much of the rest, we’ll have to wait and see, hoping for the best...🤞

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Yep! We all have to bite the bullet for now! I would like to know for my sake and our customers if anyone in our company is a carrier, no one is sick, even has the sniffles. Wouldn't it be great to have a patch that would turn colors if you came into contact with the COVID 19?
Exactly, because we know that there are a-symptomatic carriers. Alas, it’s not true that if you want a test, you can get a test. I thought that was improving, but based upon a comment Kilo made in another thread, that’s now looking more bleak....🤷‍♂️

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
So it begs the question, what businesses will suffer and what businesses will flourish.
The pandemic will have many losers, but it already has one clear winner....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Cybersecurity veteran and crypto aficionado John McAfee believes that China is the biggest winner of the COVID-19 pandemic. It has become the first country to lift lockdowns while the rest of the world remains in chaos.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Winners and losers.

• Large grocery retailer client: +433% YoY
  • Bulk grocery retailer client: +58% YoY
  • Large goods retailer client: +50.9% YoY
  • Online messaging and productivity tool client: +149% YoY
  • Hotel client: -43.3% YoY
  • Theme park client: -55% YoY
  • Chain restaurant client: -29% YoY

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I’d say that all those who end up dying as a result of this damn virus are the biggest losers. 1,800 just today, the largest single day number yet....🙁

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
  • Sad
Reactions: CID and rtn001
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Buyer beware. I heard that a Mail in Ballot bill is attached to this. And no telling what else.

I personally would support the mail in ballot, having advocated for it for years, myself and millions of other Americans like truck drivers, oil field workers, etc who are perpetually traveling find it a huge hardship to be at a single polling station for our various elections. We already allow this for military, civil service and many other sectors of our population....👍

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing
Wallace

Wallace

Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I personally would support the mail in ballot, having advocated for it for years, myself and millions of other Americans like truck drivers, oil field workers, etc who are perpetually traveling find it a huge hardship to be at a single polling station for our various elections. We already allow this for military, civil service and many other sectors of our population....👍
Already have absentee ballots to cover most of them. Maybe extend early voting. Mail in by general public is a bad ideal in my opinion. But than again I am for Voter ID.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Already have absentee ballots to cover most of them. Maybe extend early voting. Mail in by general public is a bad ideal in my opinion. But than again I am for Voter ID.
Both can be accomplished. Absentee ballots require knowing in advance whether or not you’ll be able to vote at your home polling station. Voter ID can still be assured with mail in voting. On line would be even better with DocuSign which we use all the time for banking, closing on properties, and filing our income tax, all where positive identification is crucial....Voter ID is great, but we can walk and chew gum at the same time. The ridiculous hardship on voters that we saw in Wisconsin yesterday is pathetic in a first world free country. IMO

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Wallace

Wallace

Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Both can be accomplished. Absentee ballots require knowing in advance whether or not you’ll be able to vote at your home polling station. Voter ID can still be assured with mail in voting. On line would be even better with DocuSign which we use all the time for banking, closing on properties, and filling our income tax, all where positive identification is crucial....Voter ID is great, but we can walk and chew gum at the same time. The ridiculous hardship on voters that we saw in Wisconsin yesterday is pathetic in a first world free country. IMO
Yea I wouldn't mind a 25K bonus. 😉 No telling what else will be on there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Yea I wouldn't mind a 25K bonus. 😉 No telling what else will be on there.
I wholly support YOU getting a $25K bonus....😊👍

Also, throwing this out for you. It can be done...

Five states currently conduct all elections entirely by mail: Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and Utah. At least 21 other states have laws that allow certain smaller elections, such as school board contests, to be conducted by mail. For these elections, all registered voters receive a ballot in the mail. The voter marks the ballot, puts it in a secrecy envelope or sleeve and then into a separate mailing envelope, signs an affidavit on the exterior of the mailing envelope, and returns the package via mail or by dropping it off.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Winners might be online video streaming purchases and increased subscribers to You Tube Channels. I used to get RedBox DVDs, and seldom paid the 4.99 for Premium Channel movies, but now likely to just stream movies or research on You Tube channels for info/entertainment.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!