Who are the winners and losers of the post cv-19 era?

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Of course I’m referring to my experience, that was always the point. Carry on sir
Like I’d said, being confrontational is not my goal. I genuinely thought I may be able to give you some advice that could benefit you, and I’m sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way somehow. I hope this exchange doesn’t prevent us from being friendly in the future!

Reactions: TripleB
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Like I’d said, being confrontational is not my goal. I genuinely thought I may be able to give you some advice that could benefit you, and I’m sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way somehow. I hope this exchange doesn’t prevent us from being friendly in the future!
Nothing rubbed me the wrong way....🤷‍♂️
No worries here. 👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here is CLUE for YOU ........ it is WAAAAAAAY too early to tell. Check back in 6 months.
Well if you’re predicting economic destruction, you’d be the only economist to do so.....are you an economist....🤔

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well if you’re predicting economic destruction, you’d be the only economist to do so.....are you an economist....🤔
PREDICTIONS don't amount to much ....... as in 2.5 million deaths in America. FACTS are what counts. I will be pleasantly surprised if a depression is not in our future.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
PREDICTIONS don't amount to much ....... as in 2.5 million deaths in America. FACTS are what counts. I will be pleasantly surprised if a depression is not in our future.
The predictions of 2-1/4 million deaths here was the warnings if drastic mitigating measures weren’t taken. They were, from the White House on down, and they are working, and we shouldn’t be seeing those numbers. That should be pleasing to you as well. 👍

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@Montecresto So you re saying that the migrating measured that have been put in place are not destroying the economy?

edit to add:

Maybe destroy is to "ultimate" of a word so for purpose of the question do you believe the migrating measures that have been put in place are economically harming the country for XXX years to come? you can fill in the xxx

Reactions: BigOL3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Montecresto So you re saying that the migrating measured that have been put in place are not destroying the economy?

edit to add:

Maybe destroy is to "ultimate" of a word so for purpose of the question do you believe the migrating measures that have been put in place are economically harming the country for XXX years to come? you can fill in the xxx
Correct, destroy is hyperbolic. If the mitigating measures that have been implemented to combat CV19 destroy the economy, there won’t be one.
Most all medical experts agree that the measures are working. And are calling for continuation of them. The White House is saying the same.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correct, destroy is hyperbolic. If the mitigating measures that have been implemented to combat CV19 destroy the economy, there won’t be one.
Most all medical experts agree that the measures are working. And are calling for continuation of them. The White House is saying the same.
16 Million Jobs so far.... maybe they don't think "destroy" is so Hyperbolic but I get your point..

Maybe I don't - To me it seem like you are saying that the downturn in the economy and the financial burden being placed on Americans as a result of these migrating measures is justifiable. That you feel that there is not the slightest hint of overreaction in any of these measures at all? That the byproduct of these measures can not do more harm than the virus?

That is how i am interpreting and I may be misinterpreting

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think I have EVER seen anyone remove the grass/top soil from a garden ...... EVER.
Crab grass; if'n you don't remove it, It'll just grow back into your beds. I'll cover the scraped up pile with a silage tarp for a while and let it bake all the grass roots and seeds. After it has sat for at least 6 months, I'll add it back into the garden as a topdressing. I hate weeding.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

edit to add:

Are you guys still debating with Monty Crisco? I kinda forgot he existed. It's very calming....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
16 Million Jobs so far.... maybe they don't think "destroy" is so Hyperbolic but I get your point..

Maybe I don't - To me it seem like you are saying that the downturn in the economy and the financial burden being placed on Americans as a result of these migrating measures is justifiable. That you feel that there is not the slightest hint of overreaction in any of these measures at all? That the byproduct of these measures can not do more harm than the virus?

That is how i am interpreting and I may be misinterpreting
The MM’s are harming the economy, they’re not “destroying” the economy. Most of those jobs will come back. As to the rest of your point, there is near bipartisan consensus on the mitigation measures. I guess if your mad about it and think the response is unwarranted, then you have issue with most everyone, including the White House. Trump says the economy will come back soon and be better than ever....

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Coronavirus Recession Looms, Its Course ‘Unrecognizable’
The U.S. economic outlook darkens daily, with millions facing unemployment and businesses in a steep decline.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The MM’s are harming the economy, they’re not “destroying” the economy. Most of those jobs will come back. As to the rest of your point, there is near bipartisan consensus on the mitigation measures. I guess if your mad about it and think the response is unwarranted, then you have issue with most everyone, including the White House. Trump says the economy will come back soon and be better than ever....
In the vast majority of my post on this subject I mentioned recession or depression and damage to national economy. Once I mentioned 'destroying' the national economy. It never was my intention to have 'destroy' to equal ...... DEAD/KILLED/NEVER to rise again. It appears that is the way YOU took it. That is your fault, since it is not consistent with my other post.

Reactions: TripleB and CID
H

HondaTech

Shoot we're kickin ass and takin names where I'm at now. If hate to see what it's going to be like come open season.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
In the vast majority of my post on this subject I mentioned recession or depression and damage to national economy. Once I mentioned 'destroying' the national economy. It never was my intention to have 'destroy' to equal ...... DEAD/KILLED/NEVER to rise again. It appears that is the way YOU took it. That is your fault, since it is not consistent with my other post.
If you are suggesting that the economy is being harmed by the mitigating measures that have been enacted by most all local, state and federal governments, than we agree, but the economy is far from being destroyed, will not be destroyed, and in fact there are even economic winners.

60 million Americans we’re infected with N1H1 in 2009 and 13,000 died.

We’re still having testing issues, but these are the numbers we have to go with now.

There are 430,000 cases of CV19 in America and 15,000 have died.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Losers: W.H.O., U.N.,Harbour Freight,Sleepy Joe
Winners: Banks,President Trump

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are suggesting that the economy is being harmed by the mitigating measures that have been enacted by most all local, state and federal governments, than we agree, but the economy is far from being destroyed, will not be destroyed, and in fact there are even economic winners.

60 million Americans we’re infected with N1H1 in 2009 and 13,000 died.

We’re still having testing issues, but these are the numbers we have to go with now.

There are 430,000 cases of CV19 in America and 15,000 have died.
Actually not just suggesting, but rather blatant stating that is my opinion it is being SERIOUSLY harmed. Naturally if it was totally destroyed, at the best we would end up being a 3rd world nation. I surely HOPE that is not the case, BUT in my opinion a DEPRESSION is damn serious business and IF it occurs, it did not have to be. If it happens it WILL be due to the mandatory shutdown of business and the 4 TRILLION $$ of worthless printed money. TIME will tell if a recession or depression occurs.

Reactions: CID
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I simply asked if i was interpreting your point correctly

"Maybe I don't - To me it seem like you are saying that the downturn in the economy and the financial burden being placed on Americans as a result of these migrating measures is justifiable. That you feel that there is not the slightest hint of overreaction in any of these measures at all? That the byproduct of these measures can not do more harm than the virus?

That is how i am interpreting and I may be misinterpreting "

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!