Who are the winners and losers of the post cv-19 era?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I simply asked if i was interpreting your point correctly

"Maybe I don't - To me it seem like you are saying that the downturn in the economy and the financial burden being placed on Americans as a result of these migrating measures is justifiable. That you feel that there is not the slightest hint of overreaction in any of these measures at all? That the byproduct of these measures can not do more harm than the virus?

That is how i am interpreting and I may be misinterpreting "
Well if this goes on for a year, think I can handle it, the Recession that started second week of November 2007 and lasted for almost ten years was tough! Hang in there!

Reactions: CID
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At least temporarily the oil industry is taking a beating. Yeah prices were going down before CV19, but taking a true beating now. Many wells are being shut down and there are a lot of layoffs in that industry. Now, we are running out of space for all the cheap oil, getting to the point storage is costing more than the oil is worth. Make no mistake ....... OIL industry ....... is at the heart of our economic security.

"Concerns are mounting that the U.S. soon may not have enough oil storage to absorb a collapse in demand caused by the coronavirus that has started to ripple through the supply chain, with consequences for producers, pipelines, refiners and consumers."

• Sad
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well if this goes on for a year, think I can handle it, the Recession that started second week of November 2007 and lasted for almost ten years was tough! Hang in there!
Now that’s funny...🤣😊

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I simply asked if i was interpreting your point correctly

"Maybe I don't - To me it seem like you are saying that the downturn in the economy and the financial burden being placed on Americans as a result of these migrating measures is justifiable. That you feel that there is not the slightest hint of overreaction in any of these measures at all? That the byproduct of these measures can not do more harm than the virus?

That is how i am interpreting and I may be misinterpreting "
No, it’s hard to imagine that the whole world is overreacting. Do you know that Chicago has 20 refrigerated trucks outside hospitals to hold the dead, and they have repurposed a 66,000 square foot refrigerated warehouse on the southwest side of town for a morgue? It’s not hyped.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, it’s hard to imagine that the whole world is overreacting. Do you know that Chicago has 20 refrigerated trucks outside hospitals to hold the dead, and they have repurposed a 66,000 square foot refrigerated warehouse on the southwest side of town for a morgue? It’s not hyped.
So your saying the financial burden placed on Americans is justified and there is not the slightest hint of overreaction .. ok.

to Chicago - are those trucks full because I can see that they probably got them based of the early models that have been since corrected

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So your saying the financial burden placed on Americans is justified and there is not the slightest hint of overreaction .. ok.

to Chicago - are those trucks full because I can see that they probably got them based of the early models that have been since corrected
I’m saying that authorities the world over are responding in kind.
As to Chicago....

“The surge center is five miles away from the Medical Examiner's Office, which is currently over capacity. Hospital morgues are full, too. They have been putting pressure on funeral homes to pick up remains as soon as possible.“

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Losers: W.H.O., U.N.,Harbour Freight
Winners: Banks,President Trump
Trumps not a winner. He was behind the curve on CV19 early on. He’s the one that repeatedly told us it would magically disappear in April. And he has hung his hat on the economy these 3+ years. According to polls, Americans aren’t happy with him over this.

Last edited:
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Trumps not a winner. He was behind the curve on CV19 early on. He’s the one that repeatedly told us it would magically disappear in April. And he has hung his hat on the economy these 3+ years. According to polls, Americans aren’t happy with him over this.

According to polls, he shouldn't be our president, Hillary should. On another note, our business had the best month in its 10 year history last month. If nothing changes, looks like this month is going to be a really good one too.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
According to polls, he shouldn't be our president, Hillary should. On another note, our business had the best month in its 10 year history last month. If nothing changes, looks like this month is going to be a really good one too.
Except for a little thing called the EC. Clinton won the PV by 3 million votes.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So? That's not the point, Mr. Red Herring.
It’s my point.....and correct.

There’s plenty of polling data on this. Even some Republicans are disenchanted over the way Trump is handling this, and are critical of his s*** shows dubbed CV19 pressers....

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Trump 2020! They never polled me or anyone I know.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Accept for a little thing called the EC. Clinton won the PV by 3 million votes.

Every time I hear someone complain that there candidate lost by this technicality, I think they are just a poor loser.
No one changed the rules the day of the election. Mrs. Clinton was not cheated out of the presidency.
They all knew how it works: they all paid people to calculate where to spend campaign money on advertising to capture those electoral votes. Clinton understood how to win the presidency and lost. Plain and simple.

Since the beginning, we have been voting for a president as states not as individuals.
We are the "United States of America" not the individuals of America and they did it for good reason.

If we elect by popular vote, then the states with large cities, NY, California and a handful of others would totally dictate our elections.
To have a simple popular voting system, there would be no point for anyone from Wyoming to Georgia to even follow the election much less vote.

Would you prefer that your Okie vote not count at all?
Maybe next time the electoral college vote works in your favor, will you complain then?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Every time I hear someone complain that there candidate lost by this technicality, I think they are just a poor loser.
No one changed the rules the day of the election. Mrs. Clinton was not cheated out of the presidency.
They all knew how it works: they all paid people to calculate where to spend campaign money on advertising to capture those electoral votes. Clinton understood how to win the presidency and lost. Plain and simple.

Since the beginning, we have been voting for a president as states not as individuals.
We are the "United States of America" not the individuals of America and they did it for good reason.

If we elect by popular vote, then the states with large cities, NY, California and a handful of others would totally dictate our elections.
To have a simple popular voting system, there would be no point for anyone from Wyoming to Georgia to even follow the election much less vote.

Would you prefer that your Okie vote not count at all?
Maybe next time the electoral college vote works in your favor, will you complain then?
It’s not a technicality, it’s constitutional, and I’m certainly not a poor looser. I couldn’t stand Clinton and one of the things that candidate Trump promised that I looked forward to if he won, was locking her up. Of course we found out after he was elected that that was just campaign rhetoric, he never had any such intentions.

So the problem with the EC is that it’s an antiquated system that seems not to work anymore and a national conversation about it would be healthy. Of the half dozen times or so that a presidential candidate has lost the popular vote but won the election, it has always been a Republican. So it’s obvious why republicans are satisfied with the status quo.

But not to worry, as it’s enshrined in the constitution it’s pretty safe because it would require a constitutional amendment. And even though that has happened 27 times in the past, America is far too polarized for any such thing to happen in the foreseeable future.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the problem with the EC is that it’s an antiquated system that seems not to work anymore and a national conversation about it would be healthy. Of the half dozen times or so that a presidential candidate has lost the popular vote but won the election, it has always been a Republican. So it’s obvious why republicans are satisfied with the status quo.

But not to worry, as it’s enshrined in the constitution it’s pretty safe because it would require a constitutional amendment. And even though that has happened 27 times in the past, America is far too polarized for any such thing to happen in the foreseeable future.
The EC works PERFECTLY as it was designed to do!!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The EC works PERFECTLY as it was designed to do!!!!
Only because it elects Republican PV losers....If you had read on you’d have seen I pointed out the manifest reasons that Republicans like the status quo.
Now we can be certain that were the electoral college to always favor the Democratic Party that it would be republicans calling for a discussion.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Fair enough.

I can't say that it is biased towards republicans. Maybe biased when conservative, rural voters get riled up.
In 100 years, maybe its the opposite.

I have no idea if republicans are satisfied with the status quo. I may be at least for the time being.

It may be antiquated but I haven't heard of a fairer or better plan. We are not a democracy, we are a republic.
A popular vote is biased and glad we have checks and balances in place to keep that from happening whether it ends
left or right.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Fair enough.

I can't say that it is biased towards republicans. Maybe biased when conservative, rural voters get riled up.
In 100 years, maybe its the opposite.

I have no idea if republicans are satisfied with the status quo. I may be at least for the time being.

It may be antiquated but I haven't heard of a fairer or better plan. We are not a democracy, we are a republic.
A popular vote is biased and glad we have checks and balances in place to keep that from happening whether it ends
left or right.
But the vastly overwhelming majority of presidents are elected with a majority of the PV. Does that bother you then?

Some 80% of republicans favor the status quo and that number is up from just a half dozen years ago. The reason why that is so is it’s only in recent years that it’s been even discussed much. That’s because both the last two Republican presidents lost the PV.....

Any way, this is not going to be changed in the foreseeable future as I said. We’re far too polarized today.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!