Who is picking up a Talon 1000 R4?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Any chance you could get us really good pictures of the front suspension and A arms and possibly a length of the rear trailing arm from mounting hole to ball joint? I want to try and figure out exactly how they shortened the new R.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Any chance you could get us really good pictures of the front suspension and A arms and possibly a length of the rear trailing arm from mounting hole to ball joint? I want to try and figure out exactly how they shortened the new R.
10-4 I will see what I can do.

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
Giphy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

No it’s a power sports dealers that sales Honda and multiple motorcycle brands. (KTM, gas gas etc)
Powerhouse is no longer exclusive to Honda only dealers.

Then what he/she/it/thing (dealer is in TPSR of Kali so have to be politically correct here lol)
It doesn't mean squat what there telling you. If it was a Honda “Powerhouse” dealer, your chances are better.
Hopfully for your sake this ONE time there right but doubtful unfortunately

They dont have any better chances lately tbh, Honda has been trying to spread units to dealers more evenly and if you've got stuff in inventory from the last model year they might pass the new stuff on to someone else.

They did this recently with scooters, they gave dealers without any the new 2023 models instead of guys who had 2022 models sitting around.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Powerhouse is no longer exclusive to Honda only dealers.

They dont have any better chances lately tbh, Honda has been trying to spread units to dealers more evenly and if you've got stuff in inventory from the last model year they might pass the new stuff on to someone else.

They did this recently with scooters, they gave dealers without any the new 2023 models instead of guys who had 2022 models sitting around.
Well there you have it!

Reactions: Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The front arm angle is different. The front wheel are closer to the fender.

Rear lower arm is same length as a 2019.

So if I ordered 2023 non S model Talon R upper and lower front A arms I'd end up with a 2" shorter WB? Do you think the tie rod or axle lengths are any different?

Reactions: Smitty335
M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My unit has arrived! Went to sign the paperwork. Didn’t pick up today since they’re still installing lots of parts. I’ll pick her up tomorrow. Here are a couple of pics. It’s currently getting the Honda oem winch and all required parts installed. Also a particle separator 2, and 11 gallon trail tank, new seat belts and some other goodies.

IMG 3988 IMG 3987

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My unit has arrived! Went to sign the paperwork. Didn’t pick up today since they’re still installing lots of parts. I’ll pick her up tomorrow. Here are a couple of pics. It’s currently getting the Honda oem winch and all required parts installed. Also a particle separator 2, and 11 gallon trail tank, new seat belts and some other goodies.

View attachment 396047 View attachment 396048
Congratulations

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

View attachment 396047 View attachment 396048

Woo-hoo.
Let me know of the trail tank fits well. That's on my list so I can eliminate the need to carry any extra.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Woo-hoo.
Let me know of the trail tank fits well. That's on my list so I can eliminate the need to carry any extra.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
The dealer is installing it, he won't know if it's a PITA - you'll have to tell us. :p

I want to know how much it actually holds. 🤔

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not to get off topic, but if a guy was thinking of picking up a 2023 2-seater Talon, should he go X or R?
Having an R with no trail width restrictions, and being a bit familiar with the X's harsh ride reputation, I'd recommend the R. If a guy is limited to 64", then the X is the only choice and that would mean mandatory suspension revalving IMO. Unless I'm riding like my hair's on fire, the R won't go down in history as plush. BUT when I'm in a hurry, it's pretty dang good for what I do.
x.gif

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yeah the dealer is doing the trail tank install. I’ve heard it’s not too bad of install though. The dealer said it’s their first time and went through the manufacture to become a reseller for them. So they are excited to see how it goes so they can hopefully sell more in the future. It’s a direct replacement. Supposed to hold around 4 more gallons compared to stock! The blue accents look great in person. The body panels are super matte so hoping it shines a bit in the sun.

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I agree. When I drove my buddies X and found it only held 7 gallons I was very surprised. I have roto packs but never became a fan so I’m hoping I’ll be fine without carrying them now. On the other hand, if anyone is interested in 4 brand new 2023 Honda talon wheels and tires (2 front and 2 rear) let me know! Im in SoCal and will let them go for cheap!
Big fail on Honda's part IMO. All(?) of the competition has larger tanks. It does help that the geared DCT gets so much better mileage. 😍

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!