CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree. When I drove my buddies X and found it only held 7 gallons I was very surprised. I have roto packs but never became a fan so I’m hoping I’ll be fine without carrying them now. On the other hand, if anyone is interested in 4 brand new 2023 Honda talon wheels and tires (2 front and 2 rear) let me know! Im in SoCal and will let them go for cheap!
Dang, made that offer in February (on my way to King of the Hammers), I'd have jumped right on it but I won't be back that way anytime soon. :( Good luck with the sale.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I have decided to get the 4 seat R but not until 2024 model. I will sell one of my Talons, not sure which one. I try to keep the miles off my 2020 Talon so I only have a bit over 8,000 miles on it. The longer wheelbase should ride better and since Honda has said they softened up the suspension I may be satisfied with the stock suspension. My buddy is getting the 2 seat live valve R as soon as one is available so I will know if the suspension is improved enough. About the only adjustment may be the cross over rings. I may move the rings up to get full travel out of the tender springs but the stock setting may be ok. Hopefully the 2024 model may include the base non live valve model with the Showa shocks. All of my friends and coworkers at Honda have retired or died so I don't get any inside info now. My buddy and I didn't get prostate cancer until we got into our 80's. We are both cancer free now. Its important to catch it early when its an easy fix. We both have been lucky to be able to do what we want. Its important to be active so I do lots of trail work, yard work, and all my vehicle maintenance. We have found out the hard way if you do stupid lifting your going to have a sore back for a few days. Back pain really gets your attention. I just rotated the tires on my truck. Fortunately I know how to do it without straining my back. Its easy to get Real Happy when you can still run and skip rope.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have decided to get the 4 seat R but not until 2024 model. I will sell one of my Talons, not sure which one. I try to keep the miles off my 2020 Talon so I only have a bit over 8,000 miles on it. The longer wheelbase should ride better and since Honda has said they softened up the suspension I may be satisfied with the stock suspension. My buddy is getting the 2 seat live valve R as soon as one is available so I will know if the suspension is improved enough. About the only adjustment may be the cross over rings. I may move the rings up to get full travel out of the tender springs but the stock setting may be ok. Hopefully the 2024 model may include the base non live valve model with the Showa shocks. All of my friends and coworkers at Honda have retired or died so I don't get any inside info now. My buddy and I didn't get prostate cancer until we got into our 80's. We are both cancer free now. Its important to catch it early when its an easy fix. We both have been lucky to be able to do what we want. Its important to be active so I do lots of trail work, yard work, and all my vehicle maintenance. We have found out the hard way if you do stupid lifting your going to have a sore back for a few days. Back pain really gets your attention. I just rotated the tires on my truck. Fortunately I know how to do it without straining my back. Its easy to get Real Happy when you can still run and skip rope.

Hold up...... I knew you were older but had no idea you were in your 80's. Holy crap it is awesome that you are still out doing things like this at your age and have no plan on stopping. Very freakin cool!!!!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mount the trail tank in the stock 4 seat Talon location and then mount a 2 seat Talon stock tank under the passenger front seat like they are on 2 seat models. Use the plastic out of a 2 seater so that you have a factory fill for both tanks and then run the second tank fuel pump on a switch with it plumbed to the main tank to act as a transfer pump. 😉

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does the 4 seat frame have the mounts for a gas tank under the passenger front seat like the 2 seat does? I thought I saw or read somewhere that it does but I could be wrong about that.

People with 4 seaters looking for more fuel capacity should be hitting up guys with trail tanks in their 2 seaters trying to buy their stock tank.

advertisement
M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Installer said it wasn’t too bad. Just requires fine movements with little room since for your hands it’s bigger. But overall it wasn’t bad. (For him at least, since it would have been a PITA for me. 😂). Have her all loaded up.

IMG 4002

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Seems Southern Honda Powersports has one in the showroom. Just fyi…

It’s listed on their website.
$30,650. They can suck a dick. Just because they can't produce enough inventory they think they can jack up the price. I will buy another POS before I over pay for this one. I'm sure it's on purpose. Other brands are offering rebates now.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
They have a 1000R2 Live Valve with a turbo installed for a cool $32K and some change 😉

• Wow
Reactions: Backwoods
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
It may take some time to sell with all the accessories. I think it is ok if they have a stock one available. The old 2023 models in stock also have lots of options too including one with a Turbo. I wouldn't buy from this dealer. We have the same problem here with a few dealers. Fortunately, we have a couple of good dealers but having to travel 50 to 100 miles sucks. The dealer here adds accessories plus stupid high setup and other fees. Some Hondas take about one hour but they still charge $900.00 for setup.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
There are "old" 2023s and "new" 2023s?
Yes, there are 2 versions of the 2023 Talon. The "S" version and the "NOT- S" version
The "S" version is 2022 to its exact specs. Best to look up 2022 parts when needing something to eliminate confusion.
The "non-S is the real 2023 with lots of updated and changed parts. So dont get confused with the 2023S when hunting parts.
Also, Don't be confused with the model labels, they all have an S in them like this - "SXS1000S4R", Which this model label is NOT actually an "S" model. Its the Non-S model.

Looking up parts for 2023 is going to be troublesome.

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
$30,650. They can suck a dick. Just because they can't produce enough inventory they think they can jack up the price. I will buy another POS before I over pay for this one. I'm sure it's on purpose. Other brands are offering rebates now.
@TripleB I will keep a watch out over here if one shows up I will let you know.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!