I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
A few of us have contacted a company Locking Differential | Torq-Masters
that could very possibly be offering a front differential lock for the Pioneer 500.
What I would like to do is start a list of people who would buy one of these.

This is there youtube page just so everyone knows what they offer.

Torq-Masters Industries

Please post if you are interested!
Any idea what it would take to install this? Could someone with average mechanical aptitude do this himself?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any idea what it would take to install this? Could someone with average mechanical aptitude do this himself?
@Ichybod
Go to their website and download the instruction for the Can-am model. It appears to be a very simple and straight forward install.

@Chooglin
Have you considered offering them your machine for R&D purposes? They are only a couple hours east of us. Probably right off the turnpike in NY.

C

Chooglin

@Ichybod
Go to their website and download the instruction for the Can-am model. It appears to be a very simple and straight forward install.

@Chooglin
Have you considered offering them your machine for R&D purposes? They are only a couple hours east of us. Probably right off the turnpike in NY.
I would definitely offer up my machine if need be...........I already checked out there location (victor NY)

C

Chooglin

Watch the video on there youtube channel of the Can Am install...........fairly simple. Getting the diff off the machine will be the hard part !!!!

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
RECEIVED THIS EMAIL TODAY!:
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:27 PM
To:
Subject:
Re: Form submission from: Contact Us

Hi John,

No deposit necessary, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!! We ordered a stock differential to take measurements from, we will get going in the R&D, ASAP! Feel free to share this info on the forum... and you can let the folks know, they don't need to keep emailing us, we are on it :)

C

Chooglin

RECEIVED THIS EMAIL TODAY!:
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:27 PM
To:
Subject:
Re: Form submission from: Contact Us

Hi John,

No deposit necessary, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!! We ordered a stock differential to take measurements from, we will get going in the R&D, ASAP! Feel free to share this info on the forum... and you can let the folks know, they don't need to keep emailing us, we are on it :)
This is great to hear !!

I was a little concerned about bombarding them with e-mails.

I have a good feeling about this company , I think we are finally going to get a locker for our 500's

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Gentlemen... Ladies... We are getting..... finally.... a locker for the P500 !!! This is like Christmas in August!
A BIG THANK YOU! to TORQMASTERS for the quick response, and obvious commitment to the industry.
Thanks to Chooglin for getting the ball rollin on this too!

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
This is great to hear !!

I was a little concerned about bombarding them with e-mails.

I have a good feeling about this company , I think we are finally going to get a locker for our 500's
A technical question, if you can answer. Once installed, would the front end be locked 24/7 or would it lock up only when there's loss of traction?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
C

Chooglin

A technical question, if you can answer. Once installed, would the front end be locked 24/7 or would it lock up only when there's loss of traction?
From what I understand, as soon as there is force applied to the locker it will lock , but does give some differential action during turning. This is only when the 4wd lever is engaged, otherwise it will be 2wd.

3 wheel drive will no longer exists with the locker installed !

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
C

Chooglin

So I does the mechanical operation of the locker prefer synthetic or dino lube, or is there no difference do you think?
You will run ordinary gear lube in your differential, no need for any special lubricants.

This locker is gearless and no clutches.

C

Chooglin

They have a FAQ on there webb site that covers alot of information , along with the link that @906UP posted , you should find alot of the answers.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
G

gmcbob

Jul 28, 2017
Kansas
Ownership

1. 500
A front locker is the one feature on the P500 that I would really like to have. Look forward to the reports on price, installation issues, and performance.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!