Ownership

1. 500
RECEIVED THIS EMAIL TODAY!:
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:27 PM
To:
Subject:
Re: Form submission from: Contact Us

Hi John,

No deposit necessary, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!! We ordered a stock differential to take measurements from, we will get going in the R&D, ASAP! Feel free to share this info on the forum... and you can let the folks know, they don't need to keep emailing us, we are on it :)

Yes! Way to go Chooglin and nice work guys, way to bug the hell out of them and show how serious we are. Can't wait to get one of these put in, this thing will be even more of a billie goat.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Looks awesome, interested in what the steering effort will be when locked into 4x4. Guessing the Can Am has e steering? I'd guess will increase somewhat so good excuse to install e steering too.... sigh, it just never ends:D:D

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Yes! Way to go Chooglin and nice work guys, way to bug the hell out of them and show how serious we are. Can't wait to get one of these put in, this thing will be even more of a billie goat.
How about this email! God, I feel like a friggin teenager waiting for my first car- pathetic, I know.....

Cora Jokinen <[email protected]>
Today, 3:01 PMYou
HI John,

I saw the cheers in the form of new Likes to our FB page! Thank you!

For the Honda P500 we will design a TORQ Locker, it's the big brother to the Aussie Locker.

Here's some more info on the TORQ Locker design compared to other automatic lockers:

The TORQ Locker is the most advanced, strongest, highest quality automatic locking differential on the planet, proven in the most extreme vehicles from hard-core Rock Crawling, racing the King of the Hammers, Rock Bouncing, Sand Dunes and Mud Drags. To back this all up, Torq-Masters Industries offers an unprecedented 4 year warranty on the TORQ Locker with no tire size, horsepower limits or loopholes, quadruple the warranty of any other automatic locker on the market. Torq-Masters Industries is committed to building the highest quality locking differentials possible. To be the best, we build with the best, TORQ Locker is 100% Made in the USA with 100% USA raw materials.

Keep it Simple, no air-lines to leak, compressors to fail, cables to adjust or electrical gremlins, the TORQ Locker gives you piece of mind as a reliable, mechanical, automatic locker that can handle any terrain. The TORQ Locker design eliminates and integrates pesky locker components seen in all other automatic drop-in lockers. The spacers are gone and the dowel pins are now machined into the Cam Gears to form key-ways. The innovative design features of the TORQ Locker have three game-changing benefits;

• No dowel pins to install or fail. The Key-Way design of the Cam gears can't shear, ever.
  • Easiest Locker on the market to install, no spacers, no dowel pins.
  • Best On-Road manners of any automatic locker; the Key-Way design is more forgiving than the rigid dowel pin design. The Key-Way allows for smoother locker engagement. By eliminating the spacers they eliminated the leading cause of the pop some people experience with automatic lockers.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm ready.... I had the DONKEY in the garage looking at what it'll take to get the diff out. Looks time consuming but not overly difficult.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
C

Chooglin

I'm ready.... I had the DONKEY in the garage looking at what it'll take to get the diff out. Looks time consuming but not overly difficult.
Lol..... I just came in the house after staring at the front diff. For 15 minutes.

It looks like the best way to remove it , would be to remove the winch and bash plate and pull it straight out the front of the machine!

I am hoping that the boot on the drive shafts doesn't need to come off.........it should be splined and just slide right out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do we not have a service manual pdf for the 500 yet?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Lol..... I just came in the house after staring at the front diff. For 15 minutes.

It looks like the best way to remove it , would be to remove the winch and bash plate and pull it straight out the front of the machine!

I am hoping that the boot on the drive shafts doesn't need to come off.........it should be splined and just slide right out!

That's my thought as well, straight out the front, should be able to disconnect lower A-arm or balljoint to get enough room to pull CV's.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JWB
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'd recommend doing the seals as long as it's out, #'s 40, 41 & 43 along with a new O-ring #45 that seals the 2 halves.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
That's my thought as well, straight out the front, should be able to disconnect lower A-arm or balljoint to get enough room to pull CV's.
That's how I changed my front CV boots. A-arm bolts out, axle nuts off, tie the whole assembly back outta the way, yank the axels out, etc, etc,

C

Chooglin

That's how I changed my front CV boots. A-arm bolts out, axle nuts off, tie the whole assembly back outta the way, yank the axels out, etc, etc,
My concern is the front drives haft , does it just slide out of the diff. Case or is there something else that needs to be done to separate it from the diff. ?)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Since I added Power steering, I would want one. How would you engage it, or is it full time? Found this on their website, looks like it only engages when needed. Sweet.

The Aussie Locker mechanism allows a wheel to turn faster than the speed of the differential that is driving it (differentiation), but never allows a wheel to turn slower than the speed the differential and engine is turning it (traction). Therefore, a wheel cannot ever stop turning if the engine is driving it, but in a corner it can be forced to actually turn faster. Unlike a standard differential, the engine can never drive one wheel faster than the other.

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My concern is the front drives haft , does it just slide out of the diff. Case or is there something else that needs to be done to separate it from the diff. ?)
It looks like the input shaft on the diff is a splined stub and the driveshaft slides over it, should just pull off....maybe a spring detent similar to the CV axles.
See item #12 http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...32?gclid=CJXfgsS87s8CFQqJaQodf1AA2w#sch910244

Looks like once the diff is loose the drive shaft will slip off both ends....the diff and output on the trans

Item #3 & #7 http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...32?gclid=CJXfgsS87s8CFQqJaQodf1AA2w#sch910244

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!