BOX1

P500 Who wants a diff. Lock ?

C

Chooglin

It looks like the input shaft on the diff is a splined stub and the driveshaft slides over it, should just pull off....maybe a spring detent similar to the CV axles.
See item #12 http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...32?gclid=CJXfgsS87s8CFQqJaQodf1AA2w#sch910244

Looks like once the diff is loose the drive shaft will slip off both ends....the diff and output on the trans

Item #3 & #7 http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...32?gclid=CJXfgsS87s8CFQqJaQodf1AA2w#sch910244
Thanks , that looks easy enough !

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When might this locker by available for purchase. I need one.
Having done R&D in the past. If they push really hard, maybe 6-8 weeks.
This is a new product, but not really if that makes sense?
They need to fit their existing product into the dimensional envelope of the 500 front diff.
Machine a couple pieces, send for install fit and function.
maybe a revision or 2 or 3 depending on comments from testing.
Everything looks good, schedule machines to make the part, post machine processing, assembly department, packaging, shipping etc.
If everything goes smoothly, could be as quick as 6-8 weeks.
Just a guess based off my own experiences.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Chooglin
I think their best move would to be contact all the dealerships and let the service department know of their product.

My 1000 is at the dealer right now. They are doing 2 front tires and alignment due to some uneven wear on it. The service manager was looking over my machine and was asking all sorts of questions about why it has turn signals, car plates, isolater etc. I thought for sure they would be more in the know of what is available, but I guess if it doesn't say "Honda Signature" on the box, they don't have an interest in it.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
If they come thru, give them a good sponsor spot on this forum. Time will tell.

C

Chooglin

One other thing I thought of and I hope nobody thinks I am coming off as trying to be a leader or boss! I think at this point, we should keep this on the forum only. I know how facebook can be at times and I really don't want this to get messed up.

I just don't want to see Torq-Masters getting all sorts of e-mails of people trying to get info on this and all kinds of rumors running through Facebook.

After they reliese them to the public , we can give Torq-Masters all the advertisement we want.

I am just very thankful to these guys for listening to us and even considered are request for a locker.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
@Chooglin
I think their best move would to be contact all the dealerships and let the service department know of their product.
Most people that bring their unit in for service or repair work don't want to spend any more than absolutely necessary to keep it functioning.
It would be a very small percentage that would have any interest in adding something pricey to their machine.

C

Chooglin

I contacted Torq-Masters again today , only to see if they could give us a time line on the release of the 500 locker and this is there reply

HI Joe,

"It will take approximately 6 weeks to prototype, then a month of testing and 4 to 6 weeks for production, pending no revisions. So about 3 to 4 months"

So 4 months is not bad , can't wait to get one of these installed!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm wondering what it'll do to the power when a 4th wheel is hooking up on a climb? I've always been able to spin my wheels and not just dog out, wonder if you could stall it? Has anyone ever stalled out when under a load?

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i have stalled in 3rd gear in really deep mud, i fell through a crusty top into a quagmire. i have never bogged in low just spins.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I'm wondering what it'll do to the power when a 4th wheel is hooking up on a climb? I've always been able to spin my wheels and not just dog out, wonder if you could stall it? Has anyone ever stalled out when under a load?
By 'stalled out' do you mean actually stopping the engine, or the engine just no longer able to turn the wheels? I'm thinking that if you had enough traction and/or weight to keep the wheels from turning in first gear, it would just twist an axle off! Using a locker will require some common sense in situations where one wheel has no traction, and the other has really good traction. I think if you were one of those people who's answer to any tuff situation is to just stand on the throttle with the machine jumping up and down and not moving- something will break. Like I've said before, there are people who could break an anvil if you left them alone with it. I've never had the machine stall (stop the engine), but I try to keep the engine spun up pretty good in sticky situations, and downshift quickly if it starts to lug- the rev limiter is your friend:D

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I contacted Torq-Masters again today , only to see if they could give us a time line on the release of the 500 locker and this is there reply

HI Joe,

"It will take approximately 6 weeks to prototype, then a month of testing and 4 to 6 weeks for production, pending no revisions. So about 3 to 4 months"

So 4 months is not bad , can't wait to get one of these installed!

Don't be surprised or disappointed if it take longer, the 3-4 month timeline seems overly optimistic. I would expect a minimum of 6 months.....even that seems quick to me. If they have something ready for next spring I would be happy.

C

Chooglin

Don't be surprised or disappointed if it take longer, the 3-4 month timeline seems overly optimistic. I would expect a minimum of 6 months.....even that seems quick to me. If they have something ready for next spring I would be happy.
I really don't need it until spring time anyhow , I just hope to have one a month or so before the Takeover ,so I can try it out before I go down there.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
No and after riding the s*** we roud in Molberry I do not think u can stall a P500 in first or low guire. ;):cool:

Reactions: trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!