P1000 Whoa..! Winch crossbar No-No

J

Jshell3

I get new winch installed.
Post this pic
IMG 5397

I rec'd a couple friendly PM's about the rope making contact w the crossbar. Less than ideal set-up.. (Remember what I said about delegating @Eltobgi ...?)

So all I know to do is pull the hook, reroute rope to go over the crossbar.

I read that Warn designed to pull from bottom side of spool. So I'm still less than ideal.

But at least now it's not touching the crossbar.

Is this ok? The winch is so low, verses the fairlead opening designed into the bumper.
To pull from the bottom would be WAY too much angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jshell3

Oh, and thanks to the rest of you who noticed the contacting crossbar, but didn't call me out across the open forum.

However, if I've ever forget to zip my fly... at least shoot me a look. Haha. A long, long, look.

Seriously thanks to the "ever so courteous" @lee and @Hondasxs for being so classy w the PM's.

Last edited by a moderator:
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, and thanks to the rest of you who noticed the contacting crossbar, but didn't call me out across the forum.

However, if I've ever forget to zip up my fly... at least gimme a look. Haha. A long, long, look.

Seriously thanks to the "ever so courteous" @lee and @Hondasxs for being so classy w the PM's.
Haha fix your fiy

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I get new winch installed.
Post this pic
View attachment 44143

I rec'd a couple friendly PM's about the rope making contact w the crossbar. Less than ideal set-up.. (Remember what I said about delegating @Eltobgi ...?)

So all I know to do is pull the hook, reroute rope to go over the crossbar.
View attachment 44145

I read that Warn designed to pull from bottom side of spool. So I'm still less than ideal.

But at least now it's not touching the crossbar.

Is this ok? The winch is so low, verses the fairlead opening designed into the bumper.
To pull from the bottom would be WAY too much angle.
Excellent example @Jshell3! No one is going to love BB more than you! The dealer was like...Wham, Bam, Thank You @Jshell3 :oops:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!