P500 Why Would You Buy A P500

C

Chooglin

I will tell you why I bought the 500 and why I will most likely be replacing it with another machine.

Why I bought it
1) price (it was affordable )
2) it's a Honda
3) gear drive
4) size
5) manual shift

Why I am replacing it
1) The cab is to small , there is just no room to stretch out your left leg. This is the biggest issue I have with the machine
2) suspension
3)no locker (not really a big deal)

I really do like the 500 but after riding down at Hatfield Mcoy's, I have realized this Is no longer the machine for me.
If I could keep the 500 and buy another , that would be my choice.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah.. I find I feel like I'm riding the p1k vs feeling like I'm driving in the jeep. As I've said before... a 4-wheeler beats the p5 in the same way the p5 beats a p1k... there are still things I miss about the p5 but if you don't have width restricted trails that you ride in a regular basis and you have kids... you gotta try a p1k5. I'm thinking a dirt bike and p1k would be a nice little combo.

That would be a nice combo. Thought about keeping my quad after I bought the P5, just so I could get to places that were too tight for a sxs. The biggest difference is being able to take a passenger and more gear along. You could put someone on the back of a quad but not with the same level of comfort. It has the smallest footprint available for any sxs on the market, I think it firmly holds its place in the line.

J

JTW

That would be a nice combo. Thought about keeping my quad after I bought the P5, just so I could get to places that were too tight for a sxs. The biggest difference is being able to take a passenger and more gear along. You could put someone on the back of a quad but not with the same level of comfort. It has the smallest footprint available for any sxs on the market, I think it firmly holds its place in the line.
It most certainly has it's place.. it would just be nice if Honda gave it a little more. They've stripped it down so much that it doesn't take a whole lot and you have as much in it as a larger machine.

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
It most certainly has it's place.. it would just be nice if Honda gave it a little more. They've stripped it down so much that it doesn't take a whole lot and you have as much in it as a larger machine.

But even in a bigger machine you need tires, winch, roof, windshield, all the same stuff you would with the P5. So to me that point is irrelevant. You are going to spend the same money on accessories for both machines.

J

JTW

But even in a bigger machine you need tires, winch, roof, windshield, all the same stuff you would with the P5. So to me that point is irrelevant. You are going to spend the same money on accessories for both machines.
Suspension, powersteering, wheels and tires, head lights, storage, bed/cargo hauling.. and still no diff lock or power!

I'm not talking about accessories.. I'm talking about fundamental additions to the machine. It was when I was looking at putting power steering on that it hit me..

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

JTW

I will tell you why I bought the 500 and why I will most likely be replacing it with another machine.

Why I bought it
1) price (it was affordable )
2) it's a Honda
3) gear drive
4) size
5) manual shift

Why I am replacing it
1) The cab is to small , there is just no room to stretch out your left leg. This is the biggest issue I have with the machine
2) suspension
3)no locker (not really a big deal)

I really do like the 500 but after riding down at Hatfield Mcoy's, I have realized this Is no longer the machine for me.
If I could keep the 500 and buy another , that would be my choice.
Are you going to the R spec wolverine?

J

JTW

I am pretty sure I will be going with the Wolverine R-Spec, unless Honda let's the cat out of the bag real soon. My gut feeling is , the Talon will be out of my price range though!
If I could have gotten by with a two seater the second go around, the wolverine would have been a high contender. I think it could use a little more power, but I liked it! I think you'll miss the engine brake of a Honda though.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Freaking loving my machine! I fly through the same trails that I had to be careful on in the Kubota rtv. the RTV was just so wide and slow, at around 60" and my P5 Soars comparatively. The added benefit to carry an extra person or my dog plus gear and access to those 50" trails in the west I plan on spending so much time on soon is gonna be so rewarding. No regrets whatsoever! Bigfoot here I come!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Freaking loving my machine! I fly through the same trails that I had to be careful on in the Kubota rtv. the RTV was just so wide and slow, at around 60" and my P5 Soars comparatively. The added benefit to carry an extra person or my dog plus gear and access to those 50" trails in the west I plan on spending so much time on soon is gonna be so rewarding. No regrets whatsoever! Bigfoot here I come!
Images 10

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Images 13

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Images 8

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
People... y'all don't have to have Honda envy. They sell 1000's at every dealership. Go get one and see what the hype is all about! Lol..
Not at these dealerships. ..none on the showroom floor
...can order..salesman said " Honda's don't sell....like
these others...
my showroom floor contains...machines people
want....

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been invited by a few guys..in Durango, Co
..for nightwatch...in pitch black mountain forest
3am...pretty freaky...
AN/PVS-5B goggles help to see......Great for meteor spotting too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!