KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Yes... with some modifications.

Every thing pretty much aligns until you get to the center section outer wings. The predrilled holes of the skid plate are not aligned with the bars of the 500. You will need to relocate those to the outer frame, I suggest using +Nuts for a secure fit. Originally used self-tappers and they did not hold up. I did not make these modifications, a very good friend Futz did, I simply handed him tools and was in his way.

I also suggest you don't install the metal "wings" at the front behind the tires... They would rub my 27's and tended to collect mud.

I purchased mine during Covid from Super ATV for $378 which included tax and shipping. I recently checked a screenshot I took during that time, it would have cost me $1250 from SSS. (I missed quoted that price recently) Plus they were out of stock at the time, and I needed one for my first TO. So I took the gamble with the Super ATV... and my friend who installed this would prolly disagree.... but If I had it to do over again... with the price difference still being a possibly $600 apart. I would make the same choice. It has held up well.

Last edited:
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
-We put in 'plus nuts', a beefier version of rivnuts. They required a 3/8" hole. I put 2 bolts in each 'wing', just a bit inboard of the outer round tubing, in a couple of round cross members. I don't think the wings extend far enough to put them in the outer framing.
20240612 151646

-Hard to see the bolts heads
-The SSS plates have more coverage, including protecting the bottom of the fuel tank (which has its own thin layer) under the passenger seat. Just went and looked at KG's buggy; the fuel tank 'skid plate' support bracket is bent, mine are still straight.

20240612 152111

Like anything else, pick your poison.

Also, a good idea to use a paddle bit or similar to drill a recession in the material for the washer, bolt head.
I didn't think of this at the time . . .

Last edited:
advertisement