P500 winch mount

J

James500

May 20, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I have stock 2020 P500 and looking to add a winch. Do I want hi or low mount? I will not be plowing only using winch for pulling. Factory bumper.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have stock 2020 P500 and looking to add a winch. Do I want hi or low mount? I will not be plowing only using winch for pulling. Factory bumper.
I had the low mount and it was fine. Decision kinda got made for me, but would have preferred the high mount, as it gives a bit of protection to the lower radiator area.

Reactions: Peter_72
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have a KFI and its a high mount i like it because if stuck in mud its not burried and when crossing creeks it stays drier.

J

James500

May 20, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Might be dumb question but does the high mount KFI or other block air flow for cooling? Do I need to be concerned?

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
The possibility of the high mount blocking the radiator has been discussed here. There general opinion is that it does not. I think the P5 cooling system is typical Honda "way better than needed". I run my had in NM and the gauge never goes past 2 bars.

Reactions: trigger
Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
The possibility of the high mount blocking the radiator has been discussed here. There general opinion is that it does not. I think the P5 cooling system is typical Honda "way better than needed". I run my had in NM and the gauge never goes past 2 bars.
I am running the KFI high mount also.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Might be dumb question but does the high mount KFI or other block air flow for cooling? Do I need to be concerned?

Have put mine through hell with a top mount and it's never heated up. The only P5 I've ever seen get hot was @Mudder at the Takeover. He splashed some water in there and it was good to go. I honestly think it had more to do with the bumper. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: snakeriver
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have put mine through hell with a top mount and it's never heated up. The only P5 I've ever seen get hot was @Mudder at the Takeover. He splashed some water in there and it was good to go. I honestly think it had more to do with the bumper. 🤷‍♂️
I had my mine hot at RRB 2 or 3 weeks ago. The sprayer to clean out the rad was the ticket though. Nothing to do with the winch though as mine is not a high mount.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I got a Warn winch, mount, snow plow and plow mount. They mount it low. Works fine with a plow. They must have a reason ‘why low’. Maybe it was easier for them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!