P500 Winch mount?

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Need help finding the best and easiest to install. Would love a full bumper but no can do at this time.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I think the top mount from KFI is about the best option for the 500. The high mount allows easy access and viewing during cable retraction.

Here's a link to it http://amzn.to/1Ot1ha6

101215 Mounted 1 01

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Need help finding the best and easiest to install. Would love a full bumper but no can do at this time.
It is cheaper to buy the strongmade bumper winch series instead of brush guards and a winch plate .Winch bolts right onto the bumper and is tough.Winch plates are around 60.00?Strongmade also sells plates. I am impressed with their quality.
20150719 105247

Reactions: Mudder and Geoff
R

RID

Dec 27, 2017
Southeast U.S.
Ownership

1. 500
In the KFI & Strongmade options posted prior which is cheaper “all in” considering both options? Does anyone know? I don’t think I can afford a front bumper too right now. I am looking for good quality while on a tight budget. I know the Honda winch & plate mount would be high quality , but they are very expensive for my budget. I am pretty handy. Does the KFI product work well with the standard P5 front end & is it easy to install?

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
In the KFI & Strongmade options posted prior which is cheaper “all in” considering both options? Does anyone know? I don’t think I can afford a front bumper too right now. I am looking for good quality while on a tight budget. I know the Honda winch & plate mount would be high quality , but they are very expensive for my budget. I am pretty handy. Does the KFI product work well with the standard P5 front end & is it easy to install?
the KFI is very easy to install and mount the winch. I at first had a cheap Rural King winch on it but have since switched to a Superwinch Terra 35.

Reactions: RID and trigger
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
If you're handy and want to make one, cut 4 pieces of 2" angle iron, each 11 1/4" long. Weld one onto the other so you have 2 brackets 2 3/4" high, sort of in the shape of a C. I bolted them to the top of the bumper supports and fastened my winch to the top of them, it is exactly in the center of the top opening of the bumper, and certainly strong!!! Cost? nothing, just metal I had laying around.

Reactions: RID
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
P500 - winch location

Here is how I mounted my winch. I welded the angle to the bumper but it could easily be bolted on. If you don't have a lot of tools you can make this with a hack saw, drill, flat file, elbow grease and time. You can buy the angle iron at any hardware store. one nice thing about the p5 front bumper is that it's easy to remove and modify.

Reactions: RID
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Possible price of a busted headlight, fender may justify a strongmade bumper on tight trail riding, but could upgrade later on. Mounts with U blots to frame. Very heavy duty. PS, I made the mistake of first getting a 2500 pound winch, upgraded to 3500 (from HF for $100). Much better now.

CF2DC6B8 4CD6 4387 9D8B F03AFFADEF1A

Last edited:
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
I had the dealer mount my winch and Honda front bumper when I bought my 500 and he used the Honda mount for it. The winch was so low that it stayed full of mud and water when running in wet conditions. I later switched to a higher after market mount, KFI, that raised the winch up a lot. The winch stays a lot cleaner now and an added bonus is that the winch is much easier to access now.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!