100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wasn't necessarily looking for the cheapest. I WANT THE BEST VALUE. Warn may be the best value. I have never had a winch on my ATVs so I am looking to you experts. If I wanted cheapest I would go to the local cheap tool store and buy one or I would have bought a RZR. I like to save money as much as the next guy but I want Value. I am like CP I want to get home and not have to tell my wife to walk out and get help.LOL
@Buford

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Where do you usually ride around the McMinville area?
We ride the backside of Pea Ridge WMA down to dry creek area. I take my 4 yr old there n We play in the creek. Quiet a bit of road riding but my wife n kids dont care. We rode Viola/Benlomand mountain some but I've cut 3 sidewalls-1 with small hole other with gashes, busted LR axle, ripped rf axle out so we don't go there anymore

20170101 144633

Reactions: Eltobgi
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Thats 27 plugs and flat in an hour. Using pliers to hold the plugs to insert more.

J

Jshell3

I've never owned a winch.

I bought a Warn 4000s from the dealership.

A SxS is way different when you get stuck vs the ATV.

You're not gonna put your knee on the seat and rock it back and forth and throttle out.

When it's stuck, you'll need the winch.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
And a winch is used for more things than being stuck. We don't ride WMA or OHV maintenanced trails so when you run up on a tree across the trail and no one has a saw a winch works mirracles. We've used them to winch a rig over sideways by hooking a winch into the roll cage to seat a bead on a tire PLENTY of times. U dont always have enough room to use a tow strap like a did before owning a winch.

20160918 150301

J

JTW

I bought a Superwinch Terra 45.. it works and the price was right.. if you watch Amazon you can catch them on sale. I replaced the cable to synthetic ($20-$30) and added an aluminum fairlead ($20-$30), not necessary but it's what I wanted and was less expensive than buying the synthetic version.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And a winch is used for more things than being stuck. We don't ride WMA or OHV maintenanced trails so when you run up on a tree across the trail and no one has a saw a winch works mirracles. We've used them to winch a rig over sideways by hooking a winch into the roll cage to seat a bead on a tire PLENTY of times. U dont always have enough room to use a tow strap like a did before owning a winch.

View attachment 45471

I've actually used a winch to the ROPS to keep myself from rolling over when turning around on a STEEP hill after trail became impassable. I would've killed for my chainsaw. Last resort 700 was too tail heavy to try to back down and feel comfortable about not rolling over backwards.

43076a970dc2a41ba28b1913a461ede5

Reactions: Eltobgi
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I've actually used a winch to the ROPS to keep myself from rolling over when turning around on a STEEP hill after trail became impassable. I would've killed for my chainsaw. Last resort 700 was too tail heavy to try to back down and feel comfortable about not rolling over backwards.

View attachment 45526
Do you have a stock muffler with 3d power tip or whole aftermarket muffler? I just installed a 3d tip and like it. Has a noticeably deeper tone especially holding itself back downhill.

djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought my 2016 1000 5 delux and I already had a winch(Badlands 5000) I have not yet installed in my racecar trailer. I had already bought a synthetic rope and new fairlead so I ordered a mount kit for it! So far I am very impressed with the machine. Got a few small things ordered for it!

Reactions: JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just bought my 2016 1000 5 delux and I already had a winch(Badlands 5000) I have not yet installed in my racecar trailer. I had already bought a synthetic rope and new fairlead so I ordered a mount kit for it! So far I am very impressed with the machine. Got a few small things ordered for it!

Welcome aboard! We're glad you're here and I'm glad to have another fellow Alabama member.

Reactions: ohanacreek
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
KFI stealth 4500
I have no problems running it on a single stock battery and they have great customer service to boot!
Sold me a replacement motor, and a replacement wireless receiver separately with out having to buy the kit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!