BOX1

winch wiring

R

rooster

Dec 18, 2013
Hello everyone I am from Idaho and new to the forum. Where have ya, been mounting your winch contactor block?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is under the hood. Jevu6y2y

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome Rooster to the community.

I mounted mine is same spot but on the opposite side.
Make sure you pre-wire it up to insure you have enough wire before you secure it in it's final place. I had to move mine 2 inches to allow the wired to fit after I mounted it.

It did require using the long wires for the (battery to contactor). Where normally these are the (contractor to winch) wires.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the KFI SE45 and had to do the same. The contactor would fit in the battery area, and I didn't want to stick it under the drivers seat where it'd get covered in everything I ran over.

R

rooster

Dec 18, 2013
Thanks guys. Prewiring good tip. Ohanacreek, I viewed some of the stuff you are doing with the switches and the template it looks great. you must be an EE. Thanks again.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
rooster said:
Thanks guys. Prewiring good tip. Ohanacreek, I viewed some of the stuff you are doing with the switches and the template it looks great. you must be an EE. Thanks again.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!