S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went and watched the bouncers today.
Absolutely wicked show! The rain held until about 3 so we decided to get in some trail time. Headed over to the left back side of the park near 116 I beleive?

Had ran some of the harder trails in my crawler before, so we decided to see what the P1000 could do. Some of the trails there was just no way. We did end up on a little connector that provided some fun. Keep in mind you are looking straight down and these pics just do not do things justice.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We were by ourselves, so I did not want to beat it to hard. Winch made quick work of that little snafu.

Skid plates worked great. One thing I noticed on some of the really steep ,rocky sections was the fact the the Pioneer REALLY needs lower gears.

Even with stock tires, I could have used a lower gear.

IGR is now on the list.

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking to go here soon any thoughts on this place
Thx

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

We were by ourselves, so I did not want to beat it to hard. Winch made quick work of that little snafu.

Skid plates worked great. One thing I noticed on some of the really steep ,rocky sections was the fact the the Pioneer REALLY needs lower gears.

Even with stock tires, I could have used a lower gear.

IGR is now on the list.
I can’t disagree on the lower gears.... but I’ll ask anyway. You were in low manual right?!

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can’t disagree on the lower gears.... but I’ll ask anyway. You were in low manual right?!
Yes I was in manual low. There were 3 of us and all my tools and gear.

Still amazed at how well these things go!

Tundra20, it is a great place to ride with over 300 miles of trails for every skill level and every type off terrain. Mud to rocks, huge long range views , waterfalls, windmills and coal mines.

Top notch campground and facilities as well.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
We are about to head out now for a quick trip to Windrock. Ended up not being able to go yesterday. Should be a good day today, 70 and sunny and no dust.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went and watched the bouncers today.
Absolutely wicked show! The rain held until about 3 so we decided to get in some trail time. Headed over to the left back side of the park near 116 I beleive?

Had ran some of the harder trails in my crawler before, so we decided to see what the P1000 could do. Some of the trails there was just no way. We did end up on a little connector that provided some fun. Keep in mind you are looking straight down and these pics just do not do things justice.

View attachment 113610 View attachment 113611
I have gotten to ride a little bit of windrock twice - I really liked the trails .. also winched up part of some - think trail 14

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I was in manual low. There were 3 of us and all my tools and gear.

Still amazed at how well these things go!

Tundra20, it is a great place to ride with over 300 miles of trails for every skill level and every type off terrain. Mud to rocks, huge long range views , waterfalls, windmills and coal mines.

Top notch campground and facilities as well.

That’s a good bit of weight, but yeah it could be geared lower in low range. I’d almost say 1:1.5-1.75 instead of 1:1.4

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Weezil

Weezil

Mar 8, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are headed to Durhamtown in GA next month for kids spring break. Anyone ever been?

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are headed to Durhamtown in GA next month for kids spring break. Anyone ever been?
We did a ECORS race their about 8 years ago. Had a blast. Haven't been back though.

advertisement
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, Saturday was not enough. We went back Sunday and took the Grandson. Went over to the old train and spent most of the day on that side. Took a little detour and ended up doing a nasty downhill drop.

Took out my left side cover on a sharp rock. Caved it in, but was able to pop it out.
Put it on its side In a washed out gullet, and had to winch once again when the rear dropped in a hole on a steep climb with a ledge.

Had a blast!

I do believe I will end up putting new A arms on the rear that are further back. Up hill climbs and the tucked in rear seem to be the Achilles hill for me on the P1000.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!