Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a BA rifle, bet it kicks like a mule?! Looks like the boy got the bigger boar?

Recoil is like a 12 ga low brass #6. I’ve got a .338 win mag that is twice the recoil of the .50 bmg. The kids get to shoot all the animals now. I’m just the PH guide and porter and tracker. Wouldnt change a thing.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I shot one of Barrett’s prototype 50’s without a muzzle brake ... that SOB put me flat on my back!

Get better Windrock. Can you ride as a passenger so you can at least get out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Surgeon said stay away from anything you need to wear a helmet for. Technically I don’t wear a helmet on a SXS but we all should. All depends how fast it heals and what the MRI says on Jan 3.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don’t wait to long. Nerve damage can’t be fixed. I searched around for a month for a surgeon I liked.
I use the VA system and all they want to do is fuse 3 vertebrae. Dont really want to lose that much mobility.

Reactions: Windrock1000
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use the VA system and all they want to do is fuse 3 vertebrae. Dont really want to lose that much mobility.

He fused C5 6 7 on me removed the bad discs cleaned up growth on C5. Used the newest bi-metal titanium stuff to replace the discs. Very little mobility lose notice right now. For me it was the time. Taking to many pain killers since mid-September. I was eating them like tic tacks on the Overland Adventure just to cope with the pain. I slept about 3 hours that whole trip. Dont like things in bottles controlling me. I’m excited that it is repaired.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He fused C5 6 7 on me removed the bad discs cleaned up growth on C5. Used the newest bi-metal titanium stuff to replace the discs. Very little mobility lose notice right now. For me it was the time. Taking to many pain killers since mid-September. I was eating them like tic tacks on the Overland Adventure just to cope with the pain. I slept about 3 hours that whole trip. Dont like things in bottles controlling me. I’m excited that it is repaired.
Those pills can ruin your life without you realizing. Get well.

J

JTW

Thank you. Do you have a good place to shoot one? Your welcome to use it! I’m looking for some good deer hunting land in western KY. Farms land nothing remotely urban.
Thank ya.. but Yeah.. we’ve got plenty of places to shoot. Places to shoot a 50 are a little more limited, well, safely that is. Lol You’ll have to venture over this way when you get well and I’ll show ya around. Let me know what you’re looking for exactly and I’ll keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I’m glad to hear surgery went well. Sorry I didn’t know you were doing that yesterday when I was being a pest in the morning. 7 is 7 more than I got this year! We don’t have hogs though. Get rest... get well.

That’s cool. How was the setup?

Last edited:
advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree! Glad surgery went well!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I remember reading at one time that you took off you lift and was just running the A arms. What reason or why did you go back to running with a lift as well ?

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I remember reading at one time that you took off you lift and was just running the A arms. What reason or why did you go back to running with a lift as well ?

I wanted to run with just arms and fox shocks to see if was better. I liked the feel a lot better with the arms, lift and fox shocks. I wanted clearance and a firmer feel. When I went up to 30” tires I went outwards too with 3.5 offset wheels and spacers. My current setup is with 2.5” high lifter kit, Superatv arched a-arms, 30”x10x14 Roctanes with 3.5 offset wheels on all corners, no sway bar, fox shocks, 1” wheel spacers front and 2” wheel spacers on rear. My machince is 3” longer and 6” wider in stance than factory. For me the ride feels super stable and fun to ride.

J

JTW

I wanted to run with just arms and fox shocks to see if was better. I liked the feel a lot better with the arms, lift and fox shocks. I wanted clearance and a firmer feel. When I went up to 30” tires I went outwards too with 3.5 offset wheels and spacers. My current setup is with 2.5” high lifter kit, Superatv arched a-arms, 30”x10x14 Roctanes with 3.5 offset wheels on all corners, no sway bar, fox shocks, 1” wheel spacers front and 2” wheel spacers on rear. My machince is 3” longer and 6” wider in stance than factory. For me the ride feels super stable and fun to ride.
And it’s SAAAAXY!!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks I am got a good deal on the Aarms and jumped on it. Getting them installed this week. So I will have the A arms, lift and fox shocks. Tires are next and I am researching those now - really leaning towards the 30x10-14. Already have 1”spacers for the back @nbomar just put 30 roctanes on his with a arms (no lift).

Just planning it all out

Should add that I have not had the lift long so still getting use to it as well

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks I am got a good deal on the Aarms and jumped on it. Getting them installed this week. So I will have the A arms, lift and fox shocks. Tires are next and I am researching those now - really leaning towards the 30x10-14. Already have 1”spacers for the back @nbomar just put 30 roctanes on his with a arms (no lift).

Just planning it all out

I wonder if it will be top heavy?

Reactions: Ragnar406
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just planning it all out

Looks like you got a good plan.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!