Glt

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Who speaks electrical engineer?

I need help deciphering this diagram for a wiper motor, I cannot disassemble the assembly without the high likelihood of destroying it.

UPDATE

This is for everyone who wants the Wiper but not use the Honda Aux Panel.

View attachment 26520

Spifyd,
The non-North Americans switch the Negative(glad I had fuses) I wouldn't have figured it out without you pointing me the right direction. Many thanks.

G

Glt

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It comes with a 7.5A fuse. So...
Thank you,Thank you I was putting a p700 wiper kit on a p500 it worked on the first try and i didn't blow any fuses. Thanks again GLT

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wired up my P1K this way with the relay last year with no issues at. The wiper parks perfectly when I switch off the wiper switch. Today while it was pouring out (again) I had the wiper going for a 5-7 minutes. I pulled in the garage and switched OFF the accessory switch before I switched off the wiper switch. Realizing my mistake because the wiper did not park properly, I switched off the wiper switch but obviously that didn’t park the wiper because there was no power from the accessory switch. So I switch the accessory switch ON while the wiper was switch was OFF and the wiper began to continually run whether I had the wiper switch on and off. Now every time I switch the accessory power ON the wiper runs the whole time whether the wiper switch is ON or OFF

Did I fry the wiper switch or the park relay or both or something else?

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wired up my P1K this way with the relay last year with no issues at. The wiper parks perfectly when I switch off the wiper switch. Today while it was pouring out (again) I had the wiper going for a 5-7 minutes. I pulled in the garage and switched OFF the accessory switch before I switched off the wiper switch. Realizing my mistake because the wiper did not park properly, I switched off the wiper switch but obviously that didn’t park the wiper because there was no power from the accessory switch. So I switch the accessory switch ON while the wiper was switch was OFF and the wiper began to continually run whether I had the wiper switch on and off. Now every time I switch the accessory power ON the wiper runs the whole time whether the wiper switch is ON or OFF

Did I fry the wiper switch or the park relay or both or something else?
That’s weird sounds like a bad relay

Reactions: mole
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Today everything is back to working normally. Weird.

A

amhielkema

May 19, 2019
Wayland, MI
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm just about to start wiring my wiper. Should I grab the positive after the 7.5 amp fuse but before the rocker switch that goes to the relay switch?

A

amhielkema

May 19, 2019
Wayland, MI
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok thank you. I printed the wiring diagram off the thread that shows where each colored wire connect.

Looking at the diagram I'm assuming that where the black wire connects to the yellow wire that it is also connected to a ground stud at that connection. Is that correct?

Quiwaumick

Quiwaumick

Apr 2, 2019
Dallas PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the diagram, very helpful. How would you wire that to a five pin lighted rocker switch?

M

mole

Mar 3, 2016
Belle Vernon,Pa.
did this install 4 years ago now I'd like advise on adding delay control.is it possible,how would I wire it & what switch should I use.any help would be much appreciated.

W

W8ksk8

Apr 24, 2020
York, me
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the diagram, very helpful. How would you wire that to a five pin lighted rocker switch?
Same question, how does the switch wiring look with just the factory rocker switch that’s non lighted? I have the relay wired and wondering how I wire that factory wiper switch

H

Hillbilly Tim

Oct 9, 2021
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is there any way to just hook it to a toggle switch and just turn it off where you want it to stop?

H

Hillbilly Tim

Oct 9, 2021
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Re: Wiper Wiring Diagram Help needed

This is for everyone who wants the Wiper but not the Honda Aux Panel.

View attachment 33689

Spifyd,
The non-North Americans switch the Negative(glad I had fuses) I wouldn't have figured it out without you pointing me the right direction. Many thanks.
I'm going to try this tomorrow. I just grabbed a relay from napa.

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!